Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded
RE: resmed s9 expected motor life exceeded
Have the same message on my S9 but I guess it still works ok, who knows. I was fortunate and got it for free with purchase of new mask and hose. I'm a brand new CPAP user. Still getting used to a machine. I prob need to go ahead and replace the motor if I can find one for less than $250. Thank you to everyone for posting!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2018, 11:13 AM)tprice Wrote: Have the same message on my S9 but I guess it still works ok, who knows. I was fortunate and got it for free with purchase of new mask and hose. I'm a brand new CPAP user. Still getting used to a machine. I prob need to go ahead and replace the motor if I can find one for less than $250. Thank you to everyone for posting!

For your budget it would be easier to find a used machine with low-hours on Craigslist, Offerup or Facebook Marketplace. Keep an eye out for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 Autoset. They are pretty commonly available, and you can retire your high-hours S9 to a backup role.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2018, 11:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: For your budget it would be easier to find a used machine with low-hours on Craigslist, Offerup or Facebook Marketplace. Keep an eye out for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 Autoset. They are pretty commonly available, and you can retire your high-hours S9 to a backup role.

I agree with that. I wouldn't bother to replace the motor; I would get another machine instead, even if it's a used one. Because there's no hurry about replacing yours, you can take time to shop around and look for good deals on an A10 Autoset or S9 Autoset on those web sites in addition to ebay, letgo, and Supplier #2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider and fats drywaller.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread is very helpful to me.

Thanks.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,108 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,898 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,355 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 274 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,257 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.