Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
I know I should give it a few days before I make any changes but this is probably the worst data I have had.  Many hypopneas,oa, rera and CS events.  Again I am hitting the max 95% of the night.  Woke up tired.  
Is it to early for changes or should I wait a few more days and then post data?  
pressures 9/12 epr 2 standard autoset mode, standard response.

Thanks again for your advice.

https://i.imgur.com/s0jmE0o.png
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you. That is all obstructive, and you can certainly justify increasing pressure. Most of the night, the settings worked well, and this is clustered into two events, so you have an alternative to treat the positional apnea problem with a soft cervical collar. Your choice.

Can you clarify which Autoset mode you are using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your disruptions are occurring when your pressure spikes.  I'd like to try a night of fixed pressure, say at your median of 10.2, so set a range of 10.2 - 10.2 cmw.

This would stop your pressure spikes and hopefully give you a more restful night.  Again your apnea is being successfully treated, it's your comfort we are trying to fix.

I would expect more changes after a night or three of this.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Fred for your advice.
I am using the standard autoset mode with the standard response mode.  
I would like to know your advice SR for what my pressure should be changed to.  I am not sure if a fixed pressure is the right answer,but I would appreciate your expertise feedback.

Thank you both very much. So glad I found this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I didn't mention but I sleep with a soft cervical collar every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure if Fixed Pressure is the right answer either.  

The other option I see is to leave the settings alone and try to fix a positional issue, with a cervical collar loosely fitted, or something similar, ergonomic CPA pillow, etc.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
9.4-12.4 EPR 2. It's gradual and only a span of 3 cm.

What dimensions are the C-collar? Do you feel like you might be slipping under it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had cervical spine surgery so I have been wearing a collar for sometime.
It is a Calder size large.  I don't think it is slipping.
I will try your recommended pressures and let you know how I do.
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have posted the last two nights with 9.4/12.4 epr2.  I actually woke up today with more energy than usual.  
Should I make any changes or should I keep  the same and post results after the weekend.  
Thanks 

https://i.imgur.com/RWAUMRj.png

https://i.imgur.com/SCrPfxe.png
Post Reply Post Reply
Results are still improving and stabilizing. I thing you stay with what you have here a bit longer. I don't have a clear plan to improve results. Feeling better is what it's all about.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 337 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 936 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 857 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.