Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

seems like I need to raise max pressure?
RE: seems like I need to raise max pressure?
Thanks SR.  I will post results on Monday and by then we should have a better idea if any changes should be made.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I have 3 screenshots to share.  Screenshots from 3/2 and 3/3 are not available as I forgot to put the sd card in the machine.The result of those days are:
3/3  AHI 3.3  95 % pressure 12.4
3/4  AHI 3.4  95%  pressure 12.4
I woke up pretty tired today.  It seems like I am hitting the max pressure for 95% of the night.  Does this mean I should raise the pressures? 
I really appreciate your advice, Thanks,

https://i.imgur.com/sonkCPR.png  
https://i.imgur.com/OBWksUx.png
https://i.imgur.com/pea7WnX.png
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees, when your therapy started, we limited maximum pressure to prevent the pressure changes from disrupting your sleep. Now that you have adapted to the pressure, that concern may not be a high priority. There is no reason not to increase pressure to deal with obstruction, provided you sleep through the increases. In addition, your CA event rate is quite low and increasing EPR may eliminate the remaining hypopnea and flow limitation. If you want to try a maximum pressure of 14.0 and go to EPR 3, it is certainly reasonable to assume you could tolerate that or do better. If you find it disruptive, then the fall back may be where you're at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR for the quick response.  It does seem logical what you are recommending.  Increasing my max pressure and raising the epr to 3 makes sense.  Do you feel I should raise my min pressure from 9.4 to counteract the oa and hypoponeas?I suffered from aerophagia in the past and would appreciate your feedback so as not to have that problem again. 

Thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your lower pressure is fine for now. I don't see any events being missed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great will post in a few days .  
Thanks a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have posted my screenshots for the past 4 days since I changed pressures to:  9.4/14  EPR 3.
Feel the results are better and I am feeling a little more energetic.  Even though I wish I felt better do you feel I should stay with these pressures a little longer?  Not suffering from any aerophagia which is a big plus.
Thanks for all your help. Could not have done this on my own!!
https://i.imgur.com/Wj9ziJl.png
https://i.imgur.com/snAObCW.png
https://i.imgur.com/C0vdkSs.png
https://i.imgur.com/LJhkc8t.png
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks consistent and pretty darn good. You can play with small changes on minimum pressure and see if it makes any difference, but you're doing well and feeling better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much SR. Can you explain what increasing min pressure would actually do? 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
With your current settings of 9.4 to 14 and EPR 3, your minimum EPAP pressure is only 6.4 cm. As you can see, you have a few clusters of OA that come up from time to time. That may be positional, or it could also respond to minor increases in minimum pressure which would elevate your rather low EPAP pressure. The suggestion is for minor increase of minimum pressure up to 10 cm (9.6, 9.8, 10.0), to see if those OA events can be tamed. At this stage you're very close to ideal, so we're not in any rush to increase pressure, but it may help. Considering that the EPR resolved the hypopnea issues nicely, this is kind of your last step. I wonder if you're aware of any positional issues as you have a few clusters of OA that have caused an arousal and break in therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 337 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 936 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 858 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.