Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep study results - please help
RE: sleep study results - please help
I don't know the reason for the discrepancy between the PAT results and the SH results, but again, I would trust the SH results over the PAT results. I'm glad you plan to decline the further study. Save your money for your quest for the perfect mask!
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with others no need for a further sleep study. Maybe use the money you have saved to try the Bleep mask, very minimal no movement leaks like I get with the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's amazing to me that insurance willingly pays $3500 for an unnecessary titration test, but withholds the essential respiratory assist devices (ASV / ST-A) which cost less from patients that have an essential need for advanced therapy. What a waste!

In this case no titration study is needed. The end objective of a sleep study is to achieve a CPAP pressure that reduces AHI and sometimes RDI to an acceptable level. Here we have someone using pressure from 7 to 10 with 0.0 AHI and a 0.14 RDI which is much better than the objective of any sleep test. There is no possibility of further optimizing these results with a test and you should decline it and you can cite your current results to the doctor to let him know your therapy is working well and you are comfortable with it as-is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.