Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead and a new machine
sleepyhead and a new machine
hi there...

I am in the next few days going to switch machines, what is the best way to do this in sleepyhead, a new profile??

No worries, just created a new profile, I am sure it will be fine....:-)

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead and a new machine
(05-06-2015, 06:23 PM)storywizard Wrote: hi there...

I am in the next few days going to switch machines, what is the best way to do this in sleepyhead, a new profile??

No worries, just created a new profile, I am sure it will be fine....:-)

Storywizard

Hi Storywizard,
I switched machines after my first month on CPAP. Not sure of the proper way to do this, but I just inserted the new SD card in computer under old profile and SleepyHead accepted it with no issues, but at the time was using older SH version.

It may be better to create a new profile....maby someone with more knowledge on this subject will respond.
Coffee
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same experience as Opal. I just put the new sd card in and off it went.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh that makes it easy...thanks Opal and True...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Better to not create a new profile. SH will just pick up the new info and add it to the pt profile already in place if you pick that patient. One consolidated database/report with all info is better than two databases with fractured data sets.

Since you already did a new pt profile, maybe you could still open the the data under the old pt profile and get the combined dataset. Then when complete, you could just delete the one you created for the new machine. If that's impotant to you.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S Sheila 5 767 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sheila
  Can a machine provider remotely program your cpap machine? calcuttaman 20 11,623 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead or machine problem? BamaSteve 2 1,035 11-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: BamaSteve
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,284 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead is not reading my cpap machine correctly yankees123 12 2,568 03-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  BMC GII APAP machine and Sleepyhead analysis sofware sharp56 0 1,489 10-27-2017, 02:43 AM
Last Post: sharp56
  SleepyHead Support for BMC-GII APAP Machine Sheepish 2 1,682 10-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.