Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

smart card software
RE: smart card software
Thanks Zonk, I found some used but needing a prescription. I will keep looking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any doc can write the prescription for CPAP doesn't have to be sleep doc just you need a doc who is sympathetic to your cause.
I,m sure there,re others who can write it too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scratch what I just typed.

Yes, a newer machine would be good. Any doctor can write the prescription for it. My last one was from my GP.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I really just want a used REMstar Pro M series, which is cheap and will give me my AHI so I can do everything myself. I know I can experiment with my machine. I just lowered the setting and I will try to used it tonight. I would just love to have one tell me my AHI without costing much. I can get the one above for $200 with a script. Well I guess a new nasal mask is out of the question also. This is crazy I can buy and sell used guns all day long here and I can't buy a used medical machine, or even a mask that would help me. I will ask my doctor for a script, I have to set up an appointment any way, but I know how that will end. Thanks to all of you here, Great site!
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been several reports on this forum that at least one of those on the Suppliers list does NOT require prescriptions. Does anyone recall the number of that/those suppliers? Or have I become totally senile and that never occurred?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
It was for certain masks.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 09:41 AM)JumpStart Wrote: There have been several reports on this forum that at least one of those on the Suppliers list does NOT require prescriptions. Does anyone recall the number of that/those suppliers? Or have I become totally senile and that never occurred?
Probably for the overseas market as in some countries script is not required for machines but doubt if any of them sell a machine in US without script, its not worth the risk.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 01:28 PM)zonk Wrote: Probably for the overseas market as in some countries script is not required for machines but doubt if any of them sell a machine in US without script, its not worth the risk.

You must be right, because as I recall, the mention of no Rx was for shipping it to someone out of the country via the forwarding service others had used.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Will all the ResMed Elites give the AHI? Is S7 the earliest? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You mean the newest? No, the S9 series are the newest. S7 is way old.

An S9 Elite and S9 Autoset will give you data. The S9 Escape and the S9 Autoset Escape will not.

Not sure which S7s and S8s will.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 117 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 529 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,204 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,727 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 17,099 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 592 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.