Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

software newbie questions
software newbie questions
Hi All, New here.

Been on therapy for 8 years now but just got a new machine (beginning of May 2018), an AirSense 10 Autoset for Her, which is why I found this forum. Old Fisher & Paykel HC234 didn't have SD card or cellular and I was wondering about the potential danger of sleeping with cellular ON close to my head.

Anyhow now that I have this new machine, I can SEE what's happening while I sleep. A good thing.

I have downloaded both the ResScan and SleepyHead software and installed them on my Windows 7 PC.

I have 'read' the manuals, sort of, and have downloaded Data to both programs.

My questions lie in HOW to keep downloading data.

ResScan - In the Download Selection Dialog Box, which option would I be choosing to keep downloading every day or every second day? All Summary Data ONLY    OR   All Summary Data AND

And will downloading OVERWRITE data already on my PC or just add the NEW data that hasn't been downloaded already.

I noticed with SleepyHead that it seems to only download NEW data; am I correct in my assumption?

Basically what I'm wondering is will I only have data available until the SDHC card is full and/or a time limit that ResScan has on keeping data in the program.

Thanks for your replies and sorry if this info is listed somewhere and I just can't understand what I'm reading.
Cheers
Barb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: software newbie questions
Hi fritzmom -Welcome

Both SleepyHead and ResScan - They only download new data and append it to any previous downloads.  ResScan requires the reading directly from the SD card.  SleepyHead will allow you to use a folder/directory  to read the data from.  It is highly recommended that your store the SD card's data to a dedicated folder/directory for backup.  SD cards can go bad overnight.  This way you will always have a copy of your data.

For ResScan - I recommend that you download all detailed data.  That way you can produce any report that you may require.

The SD card is "suppose" to start overwriting the oldest data first when it reaches its capacity limit.

You will find a lot of helpful information in my signature below.  It's aimed at SleepyHead since that is the preferred software for analysis.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, when you say close to your head, your machine should never be at your head level or higher -- with a humidifier there is a risk of water in the pipes (especially if you have cats and they knock the machine in a bad position). More of a safety warning than a must do with newer machines. My ResMed Air 10 auto only made the gurgling noise once when I had accidentally knocked it over while getting in bed after a bathroom break.

Does anyone know if newer machines are safer in this? I still keep mine on floor because of past experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

It is lower than my head, it sits on the night table beside the bed, so that's not a problem. I was just worried about the cellular being close by so I finally put it into 'airplane' mode. Not sure if that's any safer, but that's where I've left it.

Funny you mention cats. We had a cat, since deceased, who KNEW how to wake me up in the morning if I was sleeping in later than I should. He would walk onto the Fisher & Paykel machine and turn it OFF. I'd wake up almost suffocating. There were also times that he'd turn if ON during the day; I think just to irk us. Finally had to unplug the unit unless I was actually using it.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Barb
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've already read the SleepyHead info you have there. Very HelpFul!

I'd not thought of backing up the SD card, although I've already backed up the ResScan Folder and the SleepyHead Folder to another location on the hard drive and onto another external drive. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to backing up Data.

So I don't have to worry about overwriting data from previous days, that's a good thing.

Again, thanks for all the info, it's all very much appreciated!

Barb
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2018, 07:11 PM)fritzmom Wrote: Hi,

It is lower than my head, it sits on the night table beside the bed, so that's not a problem. I was just worried about the cellular being close by so I finally put it into 'airplane' mode. Not sure if that's any safer, but that's where I've left it.

Funny you mention cats. We had a cat, since deceased, who KNEW how to wake me up in the morning if I was sleeping in later than I should. He would walk onto the Fisher & Paykel machine and turn it OFF. I'd wake up almost suffocating. There were also times that he'd turn if ON during the day; I think just to irk us. Finally had to unplug the unit unless I was actually using it.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Barb

Yes, I had the same machine likely, and my cat would sit not it so much that even when the power went out my first reaction was to smack the area above the power button....

She would do it in the middle of the night if she wanted attention....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 622 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,193 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,102 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 687 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.