Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Amerikiwi1 - elevated respiratory rate
RE: [split] Amerikiwi1 - elevated respiratory rate
Thanks Sleeprider.

In my mind I cannot help but simplify it to having something to do with my mouth breathing. It seems without tape a few times a week, 2-3 times a night for periods of approx. 30-60min each time my mouth drops and Oscar shows the numbers and graphs been a little crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clearly, your inspiratory flow limited breathing is the/a key problem. The increase to EPR3, thanks to SR, sure helped that for that one night and let's hope it continues helping as expected.

Other than in one of your latest posts you have not mentioned specific sleep and airway troubles much and have focused attention mainly on the puzzling episodes in your 2-minute views.

Do you recall anything different about, among (or other than) the following which seems to be associated with your sleep having that flow rate curve form?

--Awakening at all? Always, sometimes, at the outset, in the middle, at the end, randomly or never? Awakening on your back? Side? Same position?
--Anything different: exhaustion, exercise, meals, prescriptions, beverages, salt intake, particularly different nasal drainage, more and/or more viscous phlegm in your throat or nasal passages?
--Sense of stress, anxiety?
--Dreams?
--Notable movement, ache, or discomfort?

I'd suggest keeping a sleep diary or journal that briefly records particular varying aspects of your sleep and of events of your day and week until then. It might help you identify correlations that would be revealing and help you experiment with one-at-a-time changes for, say, at least a week at a time. Also, see if you can discover who within your range is the reported to be the best ENT(?) MD to go to for help.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks 2SleepBetta.

--Awakening at all? Always, sometimes, at the outset, in the middle, at the end, randomly or never? Awakening on your back? Side? Same position?
NOT SO MUCH WAKE OFTEN, MORE TAKING A LONG TIME TO GO TO SLEEP AND ALWAYS WAKING EARLY AND NEVER BY ALARM CLOCK, LIGHT SLEEPER. NEVER TOSS AND TURN AND ALWAYS SLEEP ON MY RIGHT SIDE

--Anything different: exhaustion, exercise, meals, prescriptions, beverages, salt intake, particularly different nasal drainage, more and/or more viscous phlegm in your throat or nasal passages?
TAKE STATINS. SOCIAL DRINKER. DIET COULD BE BETTER. NO COFFEE AFTER MIDDAY. ALLERGIES ARE THE MAIN CAUSE I THINK FOR MY MORNING NASAL DRIP. (NEVER HAD ALLERGIES WHEN I LIVED IN THE USA, ONLY SINCE COMING BACK TO NZ)
--Sense of stress, anxiety?
YES, ANXIETY. I TAKE 150MG PREGABALIN NIGHTLY.
--Dreams?
NOT OFTEN.
--Notable movement, ache, or discomfort?
LEG DISCOMFORT SOMETIMES WHEN IN BED. SEEMS COMMON WITH PEOPLE THAT TAKE STATINS.

I have a narrow jaw and restricted airways and are a chronic mouth breather. I'm going to have to deal with this the best I can.

I found similarities in this article:
https://orthopracticeus.com/the-age-of-airway-goes-mainstream/#:~:text=It%20is%20important%20to%20note,breathing%20problem%20independent%20from%20sleep.

I'm going to keep working on my airways and concentrating to nose breathe as best I can. I would like to get a decent nights sleep using the P10 pillows one day. I think I'll keep mouth taping for now as it seems to help with those episodes I am having. (unless less there is a good reason not to mouth tape, like not getting enough air volume)  

In my last posted graph which I used tape am I getting enough air volume with the F20 using the pressures I have  set?

Thanks again for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
UARS / Flow limitation.

I feel what  Dr. Barry Krakow says in this link relates directly to my journey for a good nights sleep and feeling better during the day. (plus of course the knowledge and recommendations from members on this board Smile )

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rry+krakow
Post Reply Post Reply
That article is also a wiki that I frequently cite http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._and_BiPAP
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 232 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.