Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Best Nasal Mask to Minimize Leaks
[split] Best Nasal Mask to Minimize Leaks
I was wondering which mask is better to minimize leaks. I have the mirage and the airfit n10 and the wisp. The wisp is too noisy. I hate using the machine being tied up. If i do not use i cannot breathe and it helps me sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Best Nasal Mask to Minimize Leaks
This thread has been split from the "my air" thread since it deals with a totally different subject.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried over a dozen masks and the bleep mask is the greatest.  No leaks no headgear and no adjustments needed during the night.  I almost always get zero leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips Wisp and Resmed Airfit N20 both work fine for me, either are very good from my experience
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2021, 01:26 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I have tried over a dozen masks and the bleep mask is the greatest.  No leaks no headgear and no adjustments needed during the night.  I almost always get zero leaks.

I'm curious to try this out. I've read good things on the bleep, not sure how well it works for people with deviated septums though. Hmm..
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a deviated septum and have no problem with the bleep mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2021, 10:15 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I have a deviated septum and have no problem with the bleep mask.

Ordering Bleep now. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You won’t regret it, I started with a full face mask. You don’t know you are wearing anything with the bleep.  Let us know how you are doing after you get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do!
Post Reply Post Reply
P10 Pillow mask is a good one to minimize leaks. Generally, the smaller the mask the better for leaks because there is less area to seal.
The Mirage Activa was my go-to mask for years. It is large for a modern nasal mask but it has a bellows and a large seal. Properly adjusted when under pressure you can move this mask about a half-inch in any direction and not break the seal.

Never tried the bleep
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 64 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.