Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why
RE: Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why
Innisfree - The last 2 posts have drifted into your therapy, and is not software related.  I have split out the last posts into a therapy thread for you on the main forum.  It is named, Innisfree - Therapy Thread.

Here is the link: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...apy-Thread

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, After thinking about what the doctor I spoke to re the sleepover had said, about the centrals happened in the supine position. I decided to take action on preventing supine sleeping. I checked good ol' Amazon and looked at the anti supine devices. I thought the Woody Knows backpack was the best choice to prevent rolling onto my back and I found a brand new one being sold privately for 49(Canadian)...what a deal. It arrived yesterday and I tested it out last night. First off it was very comfortable and once I lay down on my side it kept me from moving even an inch backwards. I had also acquired a pillow designed for CPAP users and it is the most comfortable pillow I have ever used. So I put on  the backpack and went to bed. Slept well and had a grand total of 1 hypopnea.  I will continue to use it and if after a month I have had no centrals and very few of the others I think I will have solved the problem. 
My Oscar info has crept back to normal filling in all the boxes so although it still just has that small pop up and then loads everything. i am upset that all my history has been wiped out but if going forward I am keeping my AHI low with my new accessories then I will make an effort to keep my Fighting Irish temper under control. 

Someone replied to me, that the information from Oscar is stored in the computer not on the card. Does that mean that I should be able to find it somewhere if I know where to look?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR creates a directory to store data your data separate from the OSCAR program. Look in your Documents folder for OSCAR_Data. For your knowledge; When or if you delete the OSCAR program, your data directory will remain.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad to hear the positive events falling into place for your adventure in CPAP therapy. I know mine has been an adventure with occasional misadventures. You can overcome them all. Keep us posted as to the results with your new backpacking buddy. There are others on the forum that could benefit from the knowledge you have to share.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 49 04-17-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: breathingwell
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,339 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 241 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 279 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 257 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 252 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 193 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.