Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
I've been looking for a replacement for when my FlashAir fails. I bought this and set it up with the excellent info that Mr. Nape et al wrote above.
I also found Fysetc's code to be a bit uh... crap? is about the nicest thing I can say about it. The board it awful. FlashAir did this all inside an SD card. Why so clunky Fysetc? anyway...

I did rewrite their code to better suit using it for CPAP.
I ditched the gcode - don't need it.
Removed writing to eeprom. I crashed it several times trying to use gcode and having it write to the eeprom. It would just RST over and over. Luckily there is code to erase the eeprom.  Coffee
changed the behavior of the built in LED.
Added static IP  Dancing  
Checks for WiFi connection every 5 minutes and tries to reconnect if it disconnects.

In fact, I made it so all you need to do is drop in your CONFIG file from FlashAir into the root of the SD and it will read in that to setup the card. No more SETUP.INI.

At the moment it will read in:

[WLANSD] ;(This section is not needed if you use DHCP)
DHCP_Enabled=No
IP_Address=192.168.0.8
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=192.168.0.1

[Vendor]
LED=OFF
APPNAME=AirSense10
APPSSID=wifi SSID
APPNETWORKKEY=>wifi password
;---
  • APPNAME becomes the network hostname of the card.
  • If it doesn't find "DHCP_Enabled", finds "DHCP_Enabled=Yes" ,or has DHCP_Enabled=No but without the necessary IP_Address= set, it will just connect with DHCP. Basically the way FlashAir does out of the box with just setting APPSSID/APPNETWORKKEY.  

• Default Gateway is not really needed but if omitted, ESP's wifi will create a gateway IP for you. It will use the first 3 octets of your IP and default the 4th to .1 That suits most people but could be an issue for others. Nothing in the code goes outside the network anyway.

• The LED is initially a Configuration indicator. Reading in the CONFIG file and connecting to WiFi. It then becomes a WiFi connected indicator. It can be set to ON, OFF, or BLINK. Set in CONFIG.
    • On is on steady, the whole time it is connected. In your face. I would never use this mode but someone may get off on red LEDs next to their bed at night.  Dont-know
    • Off will see the LED blink when connecting and after connecting to WiFi will stay lit for 5 seconds and then shut off. Never to be seen again unless you lose WiFi connection. Then rinse and repeat.
    • Blink is a modified version of what their default was. Every 5 seconds it will very briefly (25ms) flash. I haven't tested it in the dark yet to see how annoying it will be but I can barely see it when it is on my desk. The LED won't even reach full output. If you have ever flashed this card you can pretty much get an idea of the flash rate. Except once every 5 seconds.  This is the default if LED=ON|OFF is not in CONFIG.
I'll probably add these soon:
  • Adding ability to select 802.11B, G, or N for STA. According to Fysetc, B gives the greatest range but is the slowest and consumes more power. G is middle of the road in range/speed/power consumption. N is the fastest but with the shortest range and lowest power. As written above, the default for Fysetc is N. I'll use WLANAPMODE in CONFIG for both STA and if added later, AP.
  • Add code to reduce the TX power to bare minimum to reach the router. Have it adjust up or down or just use a value specified in CONFIG. Possibly when webDav is accessed changed the power to full for fastest transfer. Assuming it can be changed on-the-fly and not restart of WiFi.  I am guessing this is similar to FlashAir's NOISE_CANCEL. Less rf around my head at night please.
  • Have the LED flash when WebDav is accessed. Like an activity indicator. The Jury in my head is still deliberating on this one.
  • Adding AP support. Currently the Fysetc runs in STA with 802.11N but I read somewhere that AP uses B or G. I never use AP but someone might.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go!!! Well-done Well-done Well-done

Are you going to publish or share your code? I'm very interested in looking at. Like you said about the original code, it appears to be a hack of a hack.

If you need a place to send it to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/lTcfSVh0DD2oPeTPxpuV

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll send it. I need to do a major cleanup of it first. I have lots of debugs and commented junk in it. Wink
Plus list the added libraries I used.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
On the AirSense 10, will the FYSETC SD card fit and the door fully close after trimming the "wings" off the card slot?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it will protrude about an inch (25mm).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any update on the code posting?  I am eager to NOT spend $10000 on a FLashAir card and use my SD-Wifi....
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2021, 06:58 PM)dpackham Wrote: Any update on the code posting?  I am eager to NOT spend $10000 on a FLashAir card and use my SD-Wifi....

I have this FYSETC card and found it was more reliable to get the EzShare SD Card and use the script posted here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...todownload
Post Reply Post Reply
What firmware did you use on the sd-wifi card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 10:18 AM)dpackham Wrote: What firmware did you use on the sd-wifi card?

The firmware that came with it the ez Share. I didn't look at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. you are not using the SD-Wifi card anymore.   

Im still working on getting the SD-wifi working well

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 26,194 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 184 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 754 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 738 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,409 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,965 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 916 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.