Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
RE: [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement
Ah, so I am not alone with this.  

As a "hardware guy", I'm tempted to solder a capacitor across the power and ground pins of the SD extender socket.  I have a 100uF ceramic cap that will fit across pins 3 (which is a double contact GND) and pin 4 which is VDD.  I don't know about the start up, but the cap on the extender socket will be able to supply any local current to the FYSETC.  Beyond that, all I can think of is an independent power supply to rule out a weak CPAP power supply.  I'd much rather solder a surface mount cap than fool with an external supply.  I will try the cap tomorrow.  Got to set up the microscope to do it, the old eyes have a tough time otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2021, 04:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm having a problem with the "SD card Failing to Initialize" error when trying to use the SDIO connection.

Does the FYSETC really support SDIO? All I can find is SPI?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am referring to the SD card's I/O connection and not its USB connection. Ultimately you are correct, but more people understand the term SD as opposed to SPI.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There seem to be some 16gb FlashAir W04 cards floating around EBay for $60 - $70 if anyone is looking for one. Of course there are several at $300 as well...
Post Reply Post Reply
A little update and hope this may point us in a positive direction. The "Failed to Initialize the SD Card" error seems to be a timing issue. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't. This error appears to be centered around the SD connection and not the USB one. I've noticed that the code uses several "delay()" calls throughout the entire program. According to Arduino documentation, this command shuts down everything while it executes. I'm working on code as a workaround that will allow for a dwell time without shutting everything else down.

Ideas?

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Crimson Nape - YES!  That's a great observation.  On my platform, the SD-WIFI never connects via CARDREADER.  Delays are dreadful things, they might work, but often don't.

Arduino 101 - one really shouldn't use delay() statements as they are blocking.  However, interrupts can be processed.  Arduino Reference delay

If there's a 1ms timer available (and there is, as I see it in ESPWebDAV statusBlink), then one could use something like in Timing using millis and state machine

This seems like a bit of work to clean it up.  There's 10 (I think) delay statements in the project.
First easy candidate would be blink().  Another would be ? SDControl:Confusedetup()  in sdControl.cpp Ahem, forum SW has mangled this, should be double colon s.
The delay in network.cpp is a candidate, as it occurs early in the startup process.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the code I am trying.  Since there are several delay() calls, I went on and made it a procedure to avoid having to duplicate it.
Code:
void ESPWebDAV::delay_t(unsigned long dwell){
 static unsigned long start_t = millis();
 static unsigned long current_t = start_t;
 while (current_t - start_t < dwell) current_t=millis();
}
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Was able to flash the device.  Felt like I needed another pair of hands to do it!  Was kind of awkward at first.  Made a few minor changes, none of which made a bit of difference.  Still get "Failed to initialize SD Card" whenever the FYSETC is powered by the SDCARD end.

Measured the CS (chip select) signal on the card reader extender when the power turned on.  It's behaving like either something is floating, or loading the line.  With a normal SD card plugged in, CS is 3.3V, except when the RPI accesses the SD.  With the FYSETC the CS is around 2V.  Not sure if it is bad, but it is different.  

I attempted to capture the voltage of the CS pin during power on.  The power on cycle is unusual, at least in an RPI system.  There's lots of activity over at least 10 seconds.  I couldn't capture it all with my low end scope.  Didn't think the sequence would last that long.  Maybe the FYSETC isn't waiting long enough for the activity to be over.  Might need to increase the initial timeout to be longer than the 20 seconds that is used now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was anyone able to get this to work, or does it remain theoretical? I had no problems getting it to connect to the network, but I'm not able to view files and I haven't tried the instructions in message 6 yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does work.  The problem is, for an average computer user, the configuration can be a daunting task.  The only problem I was experiencing was when I tried to use an IP assignment from within the configuration file. It would not mount the WebDAV system if I did.  It wasn't an issue if I hard coded the IP in.  I have since put this project away due to its limited user knowledge requirement.   Anyway, while looking for other junk, I found that I have amassed 5 FlashAir cards.  That should be good enough for the rest of my life.  Smile
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 59 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,912 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,255 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,960 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 834 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.