Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Mac M1 stopped importing
Question 
[split] Mac M1 stopped importing
like Hello AB team,

Firstly, thanks for the great software you've developed. It's been magnificent to use. Power to the patient.

Here's my issue, I am unable to download the last 39 days of data to OSCAR. It has never been a problem up until today, and it was 39 days ago I did a download from my SD card.

What I have done:
I have deleted and re-installed OSCAR 1.4.0, without any success in getting the remaining days data.
I do NOT get any "fail'" messages of any kind when I use the CPAP importer from the SSD card to OSCAR onto my computer.
I have returned the data card to my device (DreamStationGo), and checked it copied upto the last night. It has.
I have downloaded data (via bluetooth) to the worthless & useless "Dreamapper" App on my IOS phone, and it show the data is there current up to today.
I have been in and checked permissions on Privacy Files & Security and that's all on.

My hardware & System:
I am running OSCAR 1.4.0 on a M1 MacPro with the latest Ventura 13.3.1 (a) OS installed.
DreamStation Go (Philips responics). Not yet replaced by recall but Foam Mod completed/removed.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had the same problem with fixes, or anyone with a fix, would be hugely appreciated.

BESTDREAMYET
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
I did a win 10 install on my new 2TB ssd and put Oscar on it today and chose default folder to onedrive I had previously used. Worked fine. I store my Vihealth data there as well. Sounds like you need to import from your SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Mac M1 stopped importing
BestDreamYet - Apple added a security rule in its last update that prevents access to remote drives. You have to manually set the permission level to allow it access. See this article for help:
https://appleinsider.com/inside/macos-ve...os-ventura

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape, 

That's about the time the last OS Update came out. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I followed the article and the recommended actions - without success. Still doesn't download the data.

Hello Neo,

Thanks for your info. I tried copying data direct from SD card to the backup file on my computer and that didn't work either. 

Standing by for any other input..... many thanks chaps. 

Cheers, 

BESTDREAMYET
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this mean that you can connect to your SD card outside of OSCAR and see its contents?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I can’t see the data in the SD card. 

When I blue tooth connect to DSGo via the DreamMapper app, it can see the data. And that was with the SD card out. In other words it was within the memory of the DSGo and either didn’t write the data to the the SD card for some reason or perhaps the data card is corrupt, which I didn’t think about until now. Maybe it’s not Oscar but the DSGo unit. 

A week ago we had storm activity and the power dropped out for a short time very early AM. would this affect an SD card data transfer? It’s not co-incident with the missing 39 days - like 18 plus days difference between the no data day and the storm last week. 

I wonder if I insert a new SD card in to the DSGo it may recover the data? Is it possible I could loose all the data if I try that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Most CPAPs only store the summary data and need the SD card for detailed data storage. If the card doesn't even show up as an extra device on your Mac, then try another card. This will tell you if it's the card or the computer.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The Current SD card does show up on my Mac as a device and Oscar recognises it and ask if I want to up load the data, to which I reply yes and it takes 15-20 seconds to do the up load but at completion the data is not there in Oscar. It’s still only to the date 49 days ago. 

I’ll get a new SD CARD and see if the DSGo will
Upload to that and then to Mac/ Oscar. I’ll report back. 

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
EDITED DUE TO CHARTS MISSING on closer examination.  Huhsign

Success. It's working. - kind of - but not really. A lot of the data is missing, Oscar is showing data missing from the 21 April to the 19 May, no graphs for these dates at all on the "Daily" tab, and shows greyed but Usage in the "Overview," tab, and then resumes to show data, however the data is scant. 

Ok, this is what I did - nothing. I just plugged the SD card back into the Mac and it now reads some of the data, and displays it in OSCAR.  Curiously, as of today, I am showing 12 different charts in the "Daily," tab and yet from yesterday and all the way back to 19 May, it was only shows 6 charts in the "Daily," tab, then no graphs for the dates above, then back to 12 graphs prior to 21 April. Perhaps this was because I deleted the older version (yet the same Ver.#), and downloaded and installed another one yesterday. I'm guessing of course. 

Maybe there was some switchover instruction/date and having another day (night) of data forced it to be read. I don't know. Very strange indeed. I wish I could definitively say I had done something to make it change or present the data, so there was suitable feedback to the community, for other users. Alas, I cannot. 

So the problem is partially resolved and I am now wondering if it is OSCAR?  I haven't purchased or installed a new SD card yet, so I will persist with that and see that helps, but I suspect not. 

Fortunately I can report sufficient data for my medical & employment compliance, but it is hardly as reliable as it was before.
Post Reply Post Reply
New SD card, downloads data but no change to what I have already said in previous post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 139 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,252 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 364 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.