Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
RE: [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
(01-30-2020, 10:06 PM)MikeyT Wrote: Thanks.  I guess I need to chase that down.  My DME gave me  the impression that the $83.00 was  the sum total that I would need to pay.  We shall see.

MikeyT,
May I suggest that you call Medicare and ask directly what your deductible and/or copay is?
Please do not rely on what a DME tells you. They may be trying to get a rental payment from both you and Medicare. Also there is a difference in coverage between regular medicare and a medicare advantage plan.

Call them yourself. You need to take control of this before you end of being overcharged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Medicare Beneficiary Being Balance Billed for Machine Choice
Thanks. I'll call them.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 69 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 157 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 252 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.