Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Plots missing - summary data only - snoringgiraffe
RE: Plots Disabled
(07-26-2020, 11:28 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Just scroll down the left sidebar and take a normal screenshot.

I finally figured it out....I hope you can now see the session information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Plots missing - summary data only - snoringgiraffe
This is getting wild!  Your chart has four session while I saw only three on my first import.  Purged data and re-imported and now I see four, with an overall AHI of 1.01.  Also, your session start and stop times are always exactly on the minute while mine have seconds--that could be the reason for the AHI discrepancy as you show 4 minutes more usage than I see.  I don't know what might cause that and will investigate.

As a check, I tested against both the released 1.1.1 and the latest development build.  Both yield 4 sessions now.

My suspicion, which is not proven, is that you have a hardware problem -- either the SD card or the card reader are most likely.  A third possibility is that SD card slot in the CPAP machine is mangling the card.  Evidence in favor of a hardware problem are:
  • Windows said you needed to reformat the card.  It will do that only if it can't make sense of the file and partition structure on the card or has errors reading the card.  That is purely Windows at work and has nothing to do with OSCAR.
  • OSCAR crashed when you tried to make a zip file of  the card.  That should not happen in normal operation.  A serious I/O error while reading the card could have that result.
Can you either try another SD card or another card reader?

Here's something you could try: Create a new profile and import your SD card into it.  Don't delete the old profile, we can bring your old data in from it later.

Let me know how it goes.

Here's what OSCAR shows for the day for me:

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2020, 01:23 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: This is getting wild!  Your chart has four session while I saw only three on my first import.  Purged data and re-imported and now I see four, with an overall AHI of 1.01.  Also, your session start and stop times are always exactly on the minute while mine have seconds--that could be the reason for the AHI discrepancy as you show 4 minutes more usage than I see.  I don't know what might cause that and will investigate.

As a check, I tested against both the released 1.1.1 and the latest development build.  Both yield 4 sessions now.

My suspicion, which is not proven, is that you have a hardware problem -- either the SD card or the card reader are most likely.  A third possibility is that SD card slot in the CPAP machine is mangling the card.  Evidence in favor of a hardware problem are:
  • Windows said you needed to reformat the card.  It will do that only if it can't make sense of the file and partition structure on the card or has errors reading the card.  That is purely Windows at work and has nothing to do with OSCAR.
  • OSCAR crashed when you tried to make a zip file of  the card.  That should not happen in normal operation.  A serious I/O error while reading the card could have that result.
Can you either try another SD card or another card reader?

Here's something you could try: Create a new profile and import your SD card into it.  Don't delete the old profile, we can bring your old data in from it later.

Let me know how it goes.

Here's what OSCAR shows for the day for me:
Well, how interesting! I did what you suggested with a new profile and I now have the graphs! Why would that have fixed it?
Post Reply Post Reply
It wasn't creating a new profile that "fixed" the problem. It was probably just luck.

I believe what happened in your first try was that an error occurred while OSCAR was reading the SD card. It got the str.edf data ok but failed on the detailed data. Thus, the list of sessions and indices were obtained from summary statistics in the str.edf file, and not computed based on the detailed data in other files. That would also explain why your sessions were exact to the minute and not to the second--the str.edf file records session times only to the minute.

Have you tried a different SD card or reader?

On our list of issues is to add a lot of error checking to file reading and writing. Currently, OSCAR just struggles on after an error rather than at least notifying you that there is a problem.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 10:01 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: It wasn't creating a new profile that "fixed" the problem.  It was probably just luck.

I believe what happened in your first try was that an error occurred while OSCAR was reading the SD card.  It got the str.edf data ok but failed on the detailed data.  Thus, the list of sessions and indices were obtained from summary statistics in the str.edf file, and not computed based on the detailed data in other files.  That would also explain why your sessions were exact to the minute and not to the second--the str.edf file records session times only to the minute.

Have you tried a different SD card or reader?

On our list of issues is to add a lot of error checking to file reading and writing.  Currently, OSCAR just struggles on after an error rather than at least notifying you that there is a problem.

I have not tried another SD card. This one seems to be working now. I'd rather not buy another one unless necessary so if I have more problems or if you think it worth doing now then I will do that.

How do I merge the data from my old profile with my new one?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I do recommend a new SD card; that's cheaper than replacing the reader. A new SD card should cost between $8 and $15. Any capacity between 2 GB and 32 GB is ok. Don't get one larger than 32 GB as they will not come formatted as FAT32 which the ResMed machine requires.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2020, 12:17 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I do recommend a new SD card; that's cheaper than replacing the reader.  A new SD card should cost between $8 and $15.  Any capacity between 2 GB and 32 GB is ok.  Don't get one larger than 32 GB as they will not come formatted as FAT32 which the ResMed machine requires.

OK. I will do this soon. Thank you for the information. I assume all I need to do is put it directly into the ResMed. I cannot remember if I had to format the one I currently have but it is 32 GB.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2020, 08:13 AM)snoringgiraffe Wrote: How do I merge the data from my old profile with my new one?

You can import your data from your old profile into your new profile.  Please see this page on importing data from SleepyHead.  Just follow the same procedure except import from OSCAR instead of Sleephead profile.  You have two machines in your old profile; you will need to import them separately as the import process handles only one machine at a time.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 286 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.