Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
RE: [split] ResMed AirFit F30 - Helpful Tips
got a stack of $3 I'll send you
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I finally received some advice, and helpful images, on the F30, so much so, I have ordered it, 14 day satisfaction refund, from am I allowed to say, cpapvictoria.
HOPE this helps someone else

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21737]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
So my new AirFit F30 finally arrived yesterday, and it sucks.
First, I gave it a wash, dry, then fitted it.
Last night, after switching the machine one, I made some final adjustments. As soon as I lay down, the mask started "farting" from too much pressure. no amount of adjusting prevented this.
After turning my machine pressure down (16 down to 12.x) I managed to get the mask to seal.
Out of all the masks I have tried this is just so uncomfortable. Worse than the mal-fitting Amara view.
Yes it is smaller, but still way to big height wise.

Q. Are their child sized masks? (Maybe I have a small head)

From current or previous owners and Users, does this mask need time to settle to your face shape, or should I just send it back and try something else?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Silicone does not change shape with time, it just gets worse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess would be if it's not working now, next week will give the same results. For you, I'd count this as a fail and return before your time expires to do so.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received an AirFit F30 last week. It seals very well and is extremely quiet. The only problem I experience is, I'm unable to breathe through the nasal portion until air pressure is supplied. Am I the only one that experiences this?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2020, 11:44 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I received an AirFit F30 last week.  It seals very well and is extremely quiet.  The only problem I experience is, I'm unable to breathe through the nasal portion until air pressure is supplied.  Am I the only one that experiences this?

I am able to breathe through the nasal portion before it is pressurized but usually with moderate to great difficulty.  Then when pressurized, no problems.  I'm pretty sure the force of the mask on my nostrils (unpressurized) smashes the soft parts of my nostrils occluding them until the operating pressure "splints" them open.  Hole alignment in the cushion is not a problem.

If the machine quit in the middle of the night, as in the case of a power outage and no battery backup, I would definitely wake up gasping and ripping the mask off in a panicked state.  In the past 2 years we lost power only once.  Ironically, I woke up and took the mask off about a minute before we experienced that power outage.

Gee, maybe I should be playing the lottery.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 11:52 PM)freddyfl209 Wrote: RayBee, or Someone else.

Would you please measure this height (in mm/cm), so I may compare to my current Amara View mask. It would be very helpfull

Thanks
Fred

Sorry about the delay Fred.  I just saw this yesterday.  Hope this helps.

Text is a bit small, but - 50mm squared up to the opening, 52 to 53mm angled from point to point from hard plastic to soft silicone transition.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22167]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi freddyfl209

I have this mask and use it occasionally to give my nose a rest from a Vitera mask. While its a comfortable mask the very high leakages  are a problem. Like you I run my machine at high pressures 12 to 18 cmw, perhaps the F30 may be ok at lower pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Amara view with no real success some years ago. It leaked badly. I'd really like to try this f30 however. It looks to have a better design. I jiust emailed my R.R.T. at Kaiser asking if one is available for trial. They're a bit pricey to try only to find it doesn't work.

Any comments comparing the Amara and this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,049 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,347 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.