Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Sheepless [PLM]
[split] Sheepless [PLM]
last night was one of the worst nights I've had in 3.5 years of papping.  I've attached a screenshot that looks a bit like oasised's csr/pb.  I think the pattern I show would be flagged csr by my apap and asv (I don't think vauto flags csr) but I don't think it is csr but rather periodic limb movement. I see this pattern frequently, sometimes punctuated by events (of all kinds) sometimes not.  notice the oa in addition to the ca.  I saw oa and h in addition to ca in oasised's posting.  while I suspect mine is plm, I don't know that for sure (it's a bit different from the pattern I'm very sure of) and I don't know for sure I don't have heart problems in the making. I mention plm as something to keep in the back of your mind if you continue to see this pattern and have trouble resolving it with pap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sheepless [PLM]
Sleepless, Are what I'm calling anomalies what you are associating with PLM?
They definitely could be.  They look like mini arousals. These are absent from the OP's charts.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=24821

Post Reply Post Reply
if I understand your comment / question, the anomolies are not as nicely sinusoidal as I think (not know) csr is. given that context & considering my own similar flows, to me it makes the csr call for any of it less clear. but I wouldn't stake my life on my suspicions at this point. I just don't have enough experience with it yet.

edit: dumb me just realized you're showing my chart, so I missed what your last sentence meant. I'll look again at the op's chart.

2nd edit: I see less than perfectly sinusoidal flows in the op's chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
I view the PB or CSR as background with the irregularbreathin within being possibly the plm.

Let's not hijack this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, no hijack intended. forget my chart beyond my intent to illustrate the possibility of a different interpretation of the pattern in the op's chart. to be considered if other explanations don't pan out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless post that chart but only one node. One of the ones that are more CSR like and I'll detail what I'm talking about.

Thread will be split as sheepless plm
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Sheepless [PLM]
can we put / copy the #1 post above back into oasised's thread it was cut from?

while I am happy to discuss further, I didn't post it to focus on me, rather for oasised to be aware that there might (might!) be a non csr interpretation of his chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
go ahead copy it and post in the thread.
I know there was no intent.
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour, will this do?

Post Reply Post Reply

The orange in the previous zoom to illustrate a disturbance in the middle of a node.  Something caused that.  
The new screenshot shows significant Flow Limits that are absent in Classic CSR.  These nodes still indicate CO2 influenced breathing, the obstructive elements in them would tend to indicate some form of movement.  
Note that the Flow limits are at the end, not the start despite similar pressures.  What actually caused these I can't definitively say. If you have video evidence of movement you have a correlation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 232 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Need help with Clear Airway Events. rizlah 11 871 09-12-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: rizlah
  [split] GoodSleepHunting Therapy Thrapy Thread GoodSleepHunting 3 439 09-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Questions NelsonM 4 538 07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.