Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Understanding OSCAR Data [bobjet]
[split] Understanding OSCAR Data [bobjet]

.pdf   PulseOx9-13-20.pdf (Size: 499.96 KB / Downloads: 11)

Hello,

I recorded this pulse oximetry data last night and I was wondering if anyone could help me interpret it? This is my first post so I'm sorry if the format is not what is normally submitted. Here are the statistics generated by OSCAR/Sleepyhead from last night and I've attached the .pdf file it generates. The date is wrong, this was taken last night - 9/13/20.

Thanks so much Smile

Average SpO2 %        93.18
Min SpO2 %                87.00
SpO2 Drop Index        26.21
% of time in SpO2 Drop 77.23%
Pulse Rate
Average Pulse Rate        61.46
Min Pulse Rate                40.00
Max Pulse Rate                83.00
Pulse Change Index        16.13
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Understanding OSCAR Data [bobjet]
bobjet,
I moved your post from another members thread to start your own therapy thread.  It is helpful to those responding if you would keep all your therapy questions here in this thread.  Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With O2 levels, it is not how low your readings go but how long, duration at or below a given level. 88% is considered a critical level, but only after being there for some time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response. I had read that 87-88% was considered a level where things were considered critical, but I am not there for long. It just seems like my SPO2 bounces up and down quite a bit and I wonder if that's normal. I feel pretty tired and mentally cloudy throughout the day and I'm trying to figure out if I'm sleeping correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Drops that low are pretty typical of a significant untreated apnea event. It looks like you have quite a few.

"Normal" SpO2 stays in a fairly narrow range at some point above 93% (roughly, depending on oximeter and accuracy).

Have you had a sleep study? I'd expect if your doctor saw this oximetry and your complaint of "feel[ing] pretty tired and mentally cloudy throughout the day," he'd ask you some follow-up questions and then order a home sleep test. (Bring your oximeter with you.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.