Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

still some AHI but machine isn't maxing out pressure
still some AHI but machine isn't maxing out pressure
so my overall AHI on my apap over last 30 days is 1.8

however, some hours it can be 4-7

those hours aren't necessarily using all the pressure the machine can

for instance my range is 7-12, but I have a night where the 90% is 9, the max it went to is 9.8, but there is still an hour with 5 apneas

why doesn't it use more to clear them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: still some AHI but machine isn't maxing out pressure
From my understanding, the pressure raises slowly enough to where it can miss an apnea but prevent the next apnea. That's why the initial minimum pressure setting is very important because this pressure is responsible for keeping the airway open from the start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something you can do is download OSCAR, post some recent sleep sessions. Then members can view your data to give feedback and suggest actions to give you the best therapy results possible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
knowing what type of events tend to occur when you have higher ahi numbers might help. click on OSCAR at top of this page, get a few nights of data and post some charts for knowledgeable folks to respond to. information about how to set up your graphs, take and post screenshots can be found in some members' signatures or in the wiki, also clickable at top of page. meanwhile, following Michaely6 suggestion, see what happens when you raise min pressure to 8. there may be other things to do but I don't know you're liable to need machine data via oscar in order to get some better informed guidance. edit: sorry for the redundancy; crossed with Dave's post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,419 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 428 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,028 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 989 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 669 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
Exclaimation Novices ask for help to adjust the pressure parameters of the machine kfen 0 432 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kfen
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,590 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.