Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

time of update?
time of update?
Does anybody know what time of day the s9 autoset updates the sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: time of update?
I'm not sure, but I think it writes each session to the card either during or shortly after you stop the session (i.e. hit the stop button).

If the card was left out, it will update when you put it in. Unfortunately you won't get any waveform data if the card was out; which leads me to believe that it writes this data to the card during the session.

Hang in there, hopefully someone who knows more about this will respond.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 08:41 AM)herefishy Wrote: Does anybody know what time of day the s9 autoset updates the sd card?

We turn the S9 (Elite) off each morning, and then only a few minutes later we pull it out and always see the most recent data in Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data is written as it goes, vs holding in memory and writing after the night is over.

Some data it keeps in its internal memory, of course.

If you leave the card out and put it in later, that data is written to it but you won't have the detailed data. I think just AHI and maybe flow rate?

But what Spouse does is a good thing. Always wait a bit before popping the card out. Just in case!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 12:43 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you leave the card out and put it in later, that data is written to it but you won't have the detailed data. I think just AHI and maybe flow rate?

If you forget to put the card in before you go to bed, and then put it in after you get up the next morning, you will get AHI, pressure, and leaks, but nothing else, and the graphs, even for pressure and leaks will be empty.

However, if you wait to put it back in until after 12:00 noon you will get nothing at all. So be sure to put it back in first thing after getting up.
Post Reply Post Reply
As JJJ said, the machine clock turnes over at 12noon. Any data on the LED readout will not be available for that day after noon. At least that was the way with the S8's. The comments about the card were correct.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 08:41 AM)herefishy Wrote: Does anybody know what time of day the s9 autoset updates the sd card?
not sure what meant with update time. cpap day start at noon (midday)
the data in sleep report info menu set to zero at noon but you can view your data in the advanced sleep report till you go to bed at night or take a nap in the afternoon as the machine start a new day

not to loose any detailed data, you need to download within 7 days as the SD card store the most recent 7 days of high resolution data, 30 days of detailed data and and 365 days of compliance and therapy data

as mentioned the SD card need to be stuck in the machine for detailed data
but compliance and therapy data get written on the card whenever card inserted

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 03:48 PM)zonk Wrote:
not sure what meant with update time. cpap day start at noon (midday)
the data in sleep report info menu set to zero at noon but you can view your data in the advanced sleep report till you go to bed at night or take a nap in the afternoon as the machine start a new day

not to loose any detailed data, you need to download within 7 days as the SD card store the most recent 7 days of high resolution data, 30 days of detailed data and and 365 days of compliance and therapy data

as mentioned the SD card need to be stuck in the machine for detailed data
but compliance and therapy data get written on the card whenever card inserted

Just wondering, when you say "download the data" does it mean using the resscan software to download the detailed data or do you have to manually copy-paste the data from the SD card to a folder for backup?
Post Reply Post Reply
What he means is you need to view the data via ResScan or SleepyHead within 7 days. The S9 only keeps 7 days worth of detailed data on the card. On day 8, day 1 is erased to make room.

When you view the data via one of the software, that data does not change.

Also, when you view the data with ResScan, always choose "discard" or it will over-write the data. You'd lose it all but the 7 days.

I keep a backup copy of the card as well as a backup copy of the data from SleepyHead. I did the same when I used ResScan.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2013, 06:15 PM)wasserware Wrote: Just wondering, when you say "download the data" does it mean using the resscan software to download the detailed data or do you have to manually copy-paste the data from the SD card to a folder for backup?
as Paula pointed out to view your data thru resscan as the S9 only write most recent 7 days of detailed data with graphs on the card

older data is not relevant to me anymore as lots of things has changed since started the therapy over two years ago
such as "better mask choice, leak under control, sleeping right thru the night which took a lot time and patience to achieve

the best sign for me is "how I feel" in the morning and hours slept
anything over 6 hours is good night
over 7 hours (like last night ) is fantastic

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 206 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 804 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.