Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kudos to those who worked on OSCAR
RE: Kudos to those who worked on OSCAR
I think it's fair to say that we don't know how well supported the Devilbiss machines are supported. In our repository of Sd card zip files, we have four zip files for Devilbiss machines, By comparison, there are nearly thirty for ResMed machines, and over sixty for Philips-Respironics machines.

Basically, we need more SD card data for Devillbiss, Fisher-Paykel, and Weinman machines, along with corresponding manufacturers'reports, in order to improve the support for these machines. The manufacturers aren't helping us with documentation, we need the users help.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2020, 08:03 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I think it's fair to say that we don't know how well supported the Devilbiss machines are supported. In our repository of Sd card zip files, we have four zip files for Devilbiss machines, By comparison, there are nearly thirty for ResMed machines, and over sixty for Philips-Respironics machines.

Basically, we need more SD card data for Devillbiss, Fisher-Paykel, and Weinman machines, along with corresponding manufacturers'reports, in order to improve the support for these machines. The manufacturers aren't helping us with documentation, we need the users help.

I should have at least 18 months worth of nightly data on my Devibiss DV64 SD Card (or however long it keeps it before overwriting it).  Can you point me to any info which tells me the best way to send it, where to send it to, & whether there are any precautions I need to take to avoid the loss of data when 'zipping' it please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you have the card zipped. you can use this link to upload it to a receiving Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

For basic instructions on zipping your card, see our wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data

And thank you for contributing!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2020, 04:38 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Once you have the card zipped. you can use this link to upload it to a receiving Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

For basic instructions on zipping your card, see our wiki:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data

And thank you for contributing!

Hiya,  just got back to this. I have now sent the data off my Devilbiss DV64 to the dropbox address above.  I hope it can be put to good use, & I continue to hope that us DV64 users will be able to join the happy throng of Oscar users.

The SD card which came with the machine is a 2Gb one, & being around 21 months since I last looked at the data on the card I had expected it to have filled it so was very surprised that the card only had 40.1Mb of data on it. The duplicate I made still had 40.1mb - so I assume it copied ok. Zipped file was 20Mb. I tested unzipping it & got the full 40.1Mb again when unzipped.

I am surprised to only find 40.1Mb - I guess the data recorded must use far less space than I thought? I know when in the CPAP machine only 90 days info (limited) is shown, but know when in the past I have downloaded the card contents to Devibiss' software to look at waveforms  I have been able to download longer periods than that 90 days.  Last time I did that was around 21 months ago ( when I was last at home with a windows computer), so was expecting the SD card to be pretty full, possibly having already filled, & been overwritten. Perhaps the data from nightly use over that 21 month period only adds up to 40.1Mb???.   I would appreciate a comment on whether this is an expected amount of data for the timeframe from anyone familiar with such matters if possible please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just enquiring as to whether any progress on comparability between Oscar & Devilbiss DV64 has occurred or is occurring?
Post Reply Post Reply
Chiming in with my personal gratitude for the developers of OSCAR - people put in orders of magnitude less work at their 6-figure software engineering jobs. I personally have such friends - they're wonderful people. I just can't imagine any of them ever putting in this kind of work in the name of altruism.

Kudos indeed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,067 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.