Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

why am I so groggy?
RE: why am I so groggy?
My ahi started going down under 3 in October when I went back to nasal pillows. In the lasr month I have been more consistently under 3 and with low leaks. Now that I think about it, maybe my body is sleeping so deeply I am having a hard time waking up?

I exercise every day, have a low fat diet, no alcohol, 2 necessary cups of coffee a day. I started adding more protein in the am, I think im stuck with this...Oh-jeez
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops double post deleted
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe me, I know the feeling. Part of my issue is also my pain MGNT meds I think. But I sleep 9-13hrs daily and really hate it~! I do believe (at least in my case) is it's part-habit, part no real *need* to get up sooner, and my general laziness.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
The only downsides if one can call it downside to cpap I have had are two things. One was the sleep debt week where I couldnt sleep enough it didnt seem but that ended as abruptly as it began.

The 2nd is still the case and I dont really think its a downside but just different. If I go to bed and sleep as much as 3 hrs and something wakes me up, Im instantly awake and alert. And I might as well go ahead and get up because going back to sleep is out of the question for at least five hours or so. As I said not a bad thing really as I dont get woken up in the night unless something is wrong and I probably will need to be up and about anyway. I was just never like that before even as a kid.

Doesnt happen often and is totally different than I was before where it took me hours to get awake and not fall back to sleep.

Go figure Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI below 2 for 8+ hours - feel completely disoriented and groggy all day rileygrindle 4 651 06-21-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  BiPAP but still groggy/foggy/tired beachdude 4 759 10-02-2022, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Feeling more tired/groggy after starting treatment - Normal? trialNerror 11 1,672 06-28-2021, 08:12 PM
Last Post: factor
  [Treatment] Can't get used to machine - still feel groggy hcanalesrojas 6 855 03-01-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: astraith
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 945 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.