Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
1 year and still tired! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 1 year and still tired! (/Thread-1-year-and-still-tired)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 12:15 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: Scott do a screenshot of the statistics page from SleepyHead.

Dave

Here you go. Thanks!

[Image: sfblk8hl.png]

(06-25-2017, 01:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try minimum pressure at 10 and Flex to 1.  Your events are obstructive, and should begin to diminish with more pressure.  Are you bothered by the pressure at your current settings?

Flex is already at 1 should I turn flex off? I will try 10 tonight. pressure is o.k. But the dry mouth is getting worse. I think am breathing more through my mouth or I did did not notice it at the lower pressure. "sleeprider'' what is your opinion on taping ones mouth?

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Sleeprider - 06-25-2017

I have never taped, and would probably switch to FFM or Hybrid if it was what was needed. Your leak rate doesn't look so bad, so stick with it. If you really want to walk on the wild side, try a soft cervical collar that is just tall enough to apply pressure to the back of your jaw. Not only will it keep your mouth closed, but it may actually solve the other obstructive problems. Lots of members use one to great advantage.

(06-25-2017, 04:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have never taped, and would probably switch to FFM or Hybrid if it was what was needed. Your leak rate doesn't look so bad, so stick with it.  If you really want to walk on the wild side, try a soft cervical collar that is just tall enough to apply pressure to the back of your jaw.  Not only will it keep your mouth closed, but it may actually solve the other obstructive problems.  Lots of members use one to great advantage.

Been using a collar for about 2 weeks. But thanks for the heads up on my leak rate still learning how to read the graphs. My Dream station always gives my mask leak rate at 99% or above. So until I a got Sleepy head about 6 days ago I was thinking everything with the mask was going fine. last night Dreamsation said my 90% pressure was 10. This keeps going up with the min. pressure. Is that normal?

All the graph postings are with the collar by the way.

(06-25-2017, 01:18 AM)ajack Wrote: If you right click with the mouse cursor on the name, "tidal volume" on the main sleepyhead chart, it will open a box of options, go the the Y-axis and then select the 'autofit' drop down and select 'override'. you can then select how much height is shown, you can scale the min max number, so the graph data looks bigger and easier to see. you could start with a tidal volume display of 0-1000 and see how that looks

I'm just a pleb with this stuff and why I suggested youtube...but my 'guess' ...see in your zoomed in chart, when the H finishes, there is just a return to breathing. A big H with a lot of o2 desaturation, could have a deep breath after it, trying to make up for the drop in O2, it's like holding your breath, when you start breathing again, there is a gasp.

Thank "ajake" for the pull down menue lesson. Hers is a 'Tidal Volume" shot set to your suggestion. But I'm not sure what this shows me. But boy does it look different. By the way I noticed on your screenshots you have those green dotted lines. Are those helpful to have?

Another question. Can mouth breathing cause dry feeling eyes or is it just sleep deprivation?  Thanks

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Sleeprider - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 05:41 PM)Scott C. Wrote: last night Dreamsation said my 90% pressure was 10. This keeps going up with the min. pressure. Is that normal?

All the graph postings are with the collar by the way.

I need a "Dreamsation"!

Other than that, the Philips Respironics machines seem to be programmed to prefer the minimum pressure unless there are a lot of snores or flow limitations.  The Resmed is more responsive to volume reductions which is a more accurate indication of hypopnea.  The solution is to keep increasing minimum pressure in these cases.  It ends up making the Philips machines more like CPAP, than auto, but for some people, these machines are not responsive enough to prevent events, so we just raise minimum pressure.

If the pressure needed to prevent hypopnea becomes intolerable, then that is where bilevel comes in.  Basically with CPAP we only have one tool to work with; minimum or fixed pressure.  With bilevel, you could imagine an EPAP pressure of 8 and IPAP of 12 would have knocked this problem out comfortably, and auto-bilevel even more so.

Thank "ajake" for the pull down menu lesson. Hers is a 'Tidal Volume" shot set to your suggestion. But I'm not sure what this shows me. But boy does it look different. By the way I noticed on your screenshots you have those green dotted lines. Are those helpful to have?

[Image: GLhWowXl.png]

RE: 1 year and still tired! - ajack - 06-25-2017

I just used tidal volume as the example, because the was the most constricted in your display. I use the drop in tidal volume to see how serious the events are. I have the average and minimum line ticked in the 'dotted lines' of the box, it's just to give me perspective when zoomed in. I found different stages of sleep seem to have different volume oscillations too. Just an interesting chart to look at.

(06-25-2017, 01:54 PM)Scott C. Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 12:15 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: Scott do a screenshot of the statistics page from SleepyHead.

Dave

I had to do a different screenshot. How do these stats look? Trying to figure out if I am improving? Thanks for any input.

[Image: XHZk6fBl.png]

[url=http://imgur.com/sfblk8h][/url]