Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question about an online store not on supplier list - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Commercial Posts (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Commercial-Posts)
+--- Thread: Question about an online store not on supplier list (/Thread-Question-about-an-online-store-not-on-supplier-list)

Pages: 1 2

Question about an online store not on supplier list - KimberlyF - 09-10-2017

I have a question about an online company that sells "refurbished" machines. This company is not on the Supplier list.
I hope I'm not breaking the rules. I'll name the company without a link, cpapliquidators.
The reason I ask is I'm looking to buy a gently used BiPAP machine because mine is broken and I need a backup while I send mine out to be repaired. 

I want to know if anyone has heard of them. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - Crimson Nape - 09-11-2017

I hadn't heard of that vendor until you posted about them.  But I'm sure there are many I haven't heard of.  I did notice that they are really pushing the 5-star "Top Quality" rating.  When I clicked on the rating shield to see the details, it showed 0 (zero) Verified Ratings.  .  . H-m-m-m-m.  They do have some old models refurbished.     Have you checked Supplier #2 for the model and price range?  

Please keeps us updated to your experience.  

Good luck!

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - Sleeprider - 09-11-2017

This company lists a physical address under their Contact Us section as 1000 E. Southview Dr. #126 Marshall, MN 56258. A search of that address shows it belongs to "Mailboxes & Parcel Depot". This company is not registered or rated by BBB. I have seen one transaction and assertion in another forum that it may be associated with SecondwindCPAP business in Tracy MN.

Unless you can verify more about the company, I think I would stick with SecondWind which seems to have very similar pricing, and has a known good reputation.

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - KimberlyF - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:47 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This company lists a physical address under their Contact Us section as 1000 E. Southview Dr. #126 Marshall, MN 56258.  A search of that address shows it belongs to "Mailboxes & Parcel Depot". This company is not registered or rated by BBB.  I have seen one transaction and assertion in another forum that it may be associated with SecondwindCPAP business in Tracy MN.  

Unless you can verify more about the company, I think I would stick with SecondWind which seems to have very similar pricing, and has a known good reputation.

Thank you so much! You've done my homework for me. Yes, I am considering secondwind. I'll probably go with them.

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - archangle - 09-12-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:47 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This company lists a physical address under their Contact Us section as 1000 E. Southview Dr. #126 Marshall, MN 56258.  A search of that address shows it belongs to "Mailboxes & Parcel Depot". This company is not registered or rated by BBB.  I have seen one transaction and assertion in another forum that it may be associated with SecondwindCPAP business in Tracy MN.  

Good research.  

Using a mail drop like that probably means they're an individual's business.   It's good to know they're not a large business, but it doesn't mean they're dishonest or give bad service.  A little extra caution might be warranted, though.

As for BBB, a lot of people believe that BBB itself is no longer a reputable organization.  Do some Googling.  

Here's one article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/story?id=12123843

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - KimberlyF - 09-13-2017

Thanks. I purchased a BiPAP just like mine from second wind. It works really well.

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - thibaulthib - 10-06-2018

Hi all,

Upping the thread a bit, I am currently in touch with SecondWindCpap to purchase a BiPAP, and actually the guy I am in touch with redirected me to CPAP Liquidators because this is actually the same company.

My two cents :-)

Thibault

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - KimberlyF - 10-06-2018

Oh! I’m surprised. But I do feel very happy with the Bipap I purchased from them a year ago. It’s still working perfectly. I only paid $600. and they have a 6 month guarantee.

One more thing I want to add. I recently discovered that you can send your old machine to the manufacturer and they will fix it even if it is no longer under warranty.
I did that with my old BiPAP. And they charged $350. and it’s performing like new. My health insurance paid for half.

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - thibaulthib - 10-09-2018

Hi all,

Just to confirm that I just bought my Resmed AirCurve 10 ST on CPAP Liquidators, and the payment was actually redirected to SecondWindCPAP account.

The invoice is also mentioning both CPAP Liquidators and SecondWindCPAP.

So I really confirm they are the same company, lol.

Thibault

RE: Question about an online store not on supplier list - ardenum - 07-12-2019

Probably a way to mitigate the requirement for a Rx. 

I am ahead of my "my machine broke" curve and I have 2 VAuto, 1 Aircurve S and 1 Pacewave CS(asv) motherboards plus 2 backup blowers I got from aliexpress for $250. I got full machines from ebay and just discarded the un-hygienic parts. I hope I am set for atleast 2 decades. I bought each machine for around $500, the Aircurve S however for $90, it was an auction.