Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 (/Thread-SleepyHead-on-Lubuntu-17-1)

Pages: 1 2 3

SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Sleepster - 12-07-2017

I downloaded the SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-1 installation file for Ubuntu 15.04 but when I try to run it under Lubuntu 17.1 it won't install. I get the dialog box and do the authentication and see the slider bar move quickly all the way to 100% in just a few seconds. Then it closes and there is no sign that I see that the software has installed. I know almost nothing about Linux, other than having dabbled with it a few times and that was a couple of years ago.

Do I need a separate build? If so, I'm in way over my head I think.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Crimson Nape - 12-07-2017

Look under /usr/bin/SleepyHead and see if it is set as an executable. I noticed the the owner is set to 1300 - user # 1300 and group is 1300. Both user and group are nonexistent in my system.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Crimson Nape - 12-07-2017

I forgot to mention that you should have a icon on your desktop. The command should be : /usr/bin/SleepyHead.  

The permissions are:
Owner: your username / Read and write access
Group: your group name / Read and write access
Other: Read-only
Execute - checked.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Sleepster - 12-08-2017

(12-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Look under /usr/bin/SleepyHead and see if it is set as an executable.

I don't see anything there.

(12-07-2017, 10:56 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I forgot to mention that you should have a icon on your desktop. The command should be : /usr/bin/SleepyHead.  

No desktop icon, that command doesn't work!

The build is supposed to be for Ubuntu 15.04 and I have Lubuntu 17.1, so I'm guessing that's the problem.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Crimson Nape - 12-08-2017

I have it installed on Linux Mint 18.3. Works great!

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Crimson Nape - 12-08-2017

You are running a 64 bit Linux, aren't you?

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Sleepster - 12-08-2017

Yes, it's the 64-bit version.

But ... I do have Mint installed on this laptop's other hard drive, so I swapped hard drives and sure enough, the installation worked fine. I just now realized I'll need a SD card reader, though, as this laptop has no slot!

I'd still like to get SH to run on Lubuntu, though ...

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Sleepster - 12-09-2017

Found my SD card reader and was able to download my data. SleepyHead seems to run about the same under Linux as it does under Windows. I haven't seen that bug where the graph labels disappear, but it still takes a really long time to download several weeks or months worth of data.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - casebro - 07-19-2018

Ubuntu Bionic ???? The linked download for ubuntu 15.x won't install.

I did find a version by searching for <sleepyhead ubuntu> and it seemed to install. sleepyhead_1.0.0-beta-2+dfsg-4_amd64.deb

But no shortcut, no way to activate. Doesn't turn up as an application. Install screen only has one button, [uninstall] Maybe It didn't like my PC?

I'm better with screwdrivers than I am with files.

RE: SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 - Crimson Nape - 07-19-2018

Hi casebro - Welcome
What version of Linux are you running? 32 or 64 bit? Try:' uname -a" at a command prompt, if unsure.