Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine (/Thread-Looking-for-a-splitter-to-connect-2-hoses-to-CPAP-machine)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine - S.L. Ping Beauty - 04-01-2018

I have looked at all the CPAP suppliers and on the A-mazon without any luck.  I am trying to find a splitter or a "Y" adapter to connect 2 masks to one machine.

Ever since I got on the CPAP I am sleeping better and quieter (less snoring) and it has improved things in the bedroom.  So much so that things have taken a MUCH better turn in the bed with my lady friend.  My stamina and energy has improved and it is all because of CPAP therapy.  We are much more intimate and are on a more equal level as far as ideals and philosophies all because I am a better person because of the CPAP. 

And... because I am a better person from the CPAP, she realizes it as well and wants to try CPAP, but not just a separate machine... the same one that I am using at the same time during the night.  She feels that this will brings us even closer together on a more intimate, physical and respiratory level.  She likes the P10 for her and has tried it solo, but I am trying to find a hose splitter so that we can connect together at the same time as another way to make us closer at night in slumber.

I might have to make my own hose Y-pipe splitter adapter unless someone knows where I can get one.

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - srlevine1 - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 01:09 AM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: I have looked at all the CPAP suppliers and on the A-mazon without any luck.  I am trying to find a splitter or a "Y" adapter to connect 2 masks to one machine.

Ever since I got on the CPAP I am sleeping better and quieter (less snoring) and it has improved things in the bedroom.  So much so that things have taken a MUCH better turn in the bed with my lady friend.  My stamina and energy has improved and it is all because of CPAP therapy.  We are much more intimate and are on a more equal level as far as ideals and philosophies all because I am a better person because of the CPAP. 

And... because I am a better person from the CPAP, she realizes it as well and wants to try CPAP, but not just a separate machine... the same one that I am using at the same time during the night.  She feels that this will brings us even closer together on a more intimate, physical and respiratory level.  She likes the P10 for her and has tried it solo, but I am trying to find a hose splitter so that we can connect together at the same time as another way to make us closer at night in slumber.

I might have to make my own hose Y-pipe splitter adapter unless someone knows where I can get one.

With all due respect, this is a stunningly bad idea. By altering the pressure/flow dynamics using two masks, it is possible that neither one of you will receive the required therapy which may negate the actual purpose of the device and turn it into an expensive fan that blows air your way.

Might I suggest that you help arrange a sleep test (home or sleep lab depending on her symptoms and insurance) to confirm that she would benefit from CPAP therapy.

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Apnea Infant - 04-01-2018

I understand what you write about wanting to be closer to your partner. I understand that PAP therapy has given you restful sleep and resulted in a 'better person' ie you yourself. I understand you wanting to share this good thing with your partner.

However your physical characteristics and physiology which resulted in you requiring PAP are not exactly like hers. Even children inheriting half their parents genes, if requiring PAP therapy, may not require the exact same pressure needs.

If you splint the PAP tubes and serve 2 people instead of the one person which the machine was set up for, this surely will dilute the requirement and completely confuse the therapy? This will completely destroy all the good that restful sleep with your particular prescribed therapy has given you. The best you can share with your partner is directing her to the appropriate processes for her to obtain her own device or as you have some level of experience to help her get her own machine and help her with titration.

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - DeepBreathing - 04-01-2018

I doubt that one machine will provide enough puff for two people. You need to get a second machine and connect them in series. The outlet of the first machine should be connected to the inlet of the second, which will require an additional adapter.

That should achieve your goal.

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Timur - 04-01-2018

I'm thinking April Fool's Day?

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Apnea Infant - 04-01-2018

OK

So he has THAT much time..........

April fool or not

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Walla Walla - 04-01-2018

Some things are just not made to share. This being one of them.

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Ron AKA - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 06:23 AM)Timur Wrote: I'm thinking April Fool's Day?

Bingo!

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - Fedman - 04-01-2018

As I read this post, my first thoughts were "what is he smoking?  Crack?"  Then I realized it is April 1 and got a good chuckle out of it.  Good one!

RE: Looking for a splitter to connect 2 hoses to CPAP machine.... - gwc2795 - 04-01-2018

[attachment=5159]

Maybe this and duct tape???
Just a thought.