Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 (/Thread-I-cannot-import-data-from-Contec-CMS50D-Plus-oximeter-to-Windows-10)

I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - Albert2 - 06-02-2019

I don't have  a breathing device like CPAP. And I do have a 'Contec CMS50D Plus' pulse oximeter. But I cannot import recorded data from this oximeter to my laptop with Windows 10.

I cannot do that with Oscar-software. And I cannot do it with the software SPO2 Assistant 3.0.4, SPO2 Manager V1.5 and SPO2 Review V1.5.

Could I have more success with importing these oximeter-data to my Android smartphone? 

Would it be wise to buy another brand oximeter because of these software-problems, and if so, which one?

Thanks for your help.

RE: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - pholynyk - 06-03-2019

You didn't mention how long you have had your D+. There are two hardware versions and multiple firmware versions.
The older hardware uses a connector that looks like a mini-USB connector, but it does not use the USB protocol. The newer version uses a connector that looks like a micro-USB, but again it does not use the USB protocol. It turns out that Contec supplies a cable with a serial to USB chip in the larger than usual full-size USB connector end. You must use this cable to connect the oximeter to the computer. No other cable will work.
I can't lay my hands on my cable to show the difference, but the molded end on the computer side is longer and bulkier than a regular USB cable.

The recent wrist-worn Contec oximeters use a single connector that looks like a mini-USB but is actually double-sided, with the probe contacts on one side and the USB contacts on the other. These oximeters have the serial to USB chip inside the oximeter, so any mini-USB cable can be used.

RE: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - Albert2 - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 07:35 AM)pholynyk Wrote: You didn't mention how long you have had your D+. There are two hardware versions and multiple firmware versions.
The older hardware uses a connector that looks like a mini-USB connector, but it does not use the USB protocol. The newer version uses a connector that looks like a micro-USB, but again it does not use the USB protocol. It turns out that Contec supplies a cable with a serial to USB chip in the larger than usual full-size USB connector end. You must use this cable to connect the oximeter to the computer. No other cable will work.
I can't lay my hands on my cable to show the difference, but the molded end on the computer side is longer and bulkier than a regular USB cable.

The recent wrist-worn Contec oximeters use a single connector that looks like a mini-USB but is actually double-sided, with the probe contacts on one side and the USB contacts on the other. These oximeters have the serial to USB chip inside the oximeter, so any mini-USB cable can be used.
Thanks Pholynyk. I have bought my Contec CMS50D Plus recently. I use it with it's original Contec data-cable.

That data-cable has a male micro-USB plug and a male USB-A plug. The USB-A plug is indeed larger than regular. I still can't import the oximeter-data into my laptop.

RE: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - Crimson Nape - 06-03-2019

I did not see how you attempted the connection so I am listing it out here,  The D+ has to be connected, powered up, and then select the menu option for data transfer.  This is unlike the D+'s wrist-worn siblings that just need to be connected and powered-up.  I hope your problem is a simple oversight and nothing major.

RE: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10 - Albert2 - 06-17-2019

(06-03-2019, 11:25 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I did not see how you attempted the connection so I am listing it out here,  The D+ has to be connected, powered up, and then select the menu option for data transfer.  This is unlike the D+'s wrist-worn siblings that just need to be connected and powered-up.  I hope your problem is a simple oversight and nothing major.
Thanks. I now have managed to import the measured data from my oximeter into Windows.