Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: If it wasn't for bad luck......... (/Thread-If-it-wasn-t-for-bad-luck)

If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Big Guy - 07-06-2019

.......I probably wouldn't have any at all. 

Last Fall, I ordered a CPAP hose cleaning kit on EBAY. Long story short, once it was paid for, the seller completely ignored me and my requests for updates on when it would ship. I filed a complaint with EBAY and my money was returned to my PayPal account. The seller also had his account closed.  Cool

A couple of days ago, I decided to try once again, and order a hose cleaning kit. It was supposedly a USA seller and the kits were in stock and ready to ship. The confirmation message I received from the seller indicated otherwise. Asian written all over the message.  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Anyways, the seller sent me three exact messages stating that the kit was not in stock, and would I mind waiting 3-4 weeks for their supply to replenish. I was going to reply YES, I would mind, so cancel my order! I happened to glance up and see that EBAY had sent me a message. It was in regards to my order, and that they had automatically cancelled the order, and reimbursed my PayPal account the amount of the purchase. 

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the CPAP Gods don't want me to have a hose cleaning kit. Maybe I'll just go with the flow and not buy one.  Dont-know

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - GuyScharf - 07-07-2019

Why does one want a hose cleaning kit? I just dunk the hose in water if I think it needs cleaning. I may do that once a quarter. The hose never has anything other than filtered air and maybe a little moisture inside it.

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Hydrangea - 07-07-2019

Nah, it's not your luck nor lack of it. It's the slimy DMEs who sell extra/over-stock (or just OLD stock) online. They're so sketchy.

I was trying hard to buy the ResMed Autoset 10 on Amazon (to have as a back-up, and to see if I might like to make it my primary machine), and I had the same experience as you. My first order was just cancelled out of thin air after several days. Another order went the same route, so I contacted the seller and asked what's going on... they said they require an Rx (which their listing did not state), so I sent them my Rx... and I never heard from them again. (It remained cancelled.) Eventually I did get an order that actually went all the way through. For me, I felt this idiotic jerk-around was worth it, to buy a good machine at an excellent price.

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Apnearon - 07-07-2019

(07-06-2019, 10:03 PM)Big Guy Wrote: .......I probably wouldn't have any at all. 

Last Fall, I ordered a CPAP hose cleaning kit on EBAY. Long story short, once it was paid for, the seller completely ignored me and my requests for updates on when it would ship. I filed a complaint with EBAY and my money was returned to my PayPal account. The seller also had his account closed.  Cool

A couple of days ago, I decided to try once again, and order a hose cleaning kit. It was supposedly a USA seller and the kits were in stock and ready to ship. The confirmation message I received from the seller indicated otherwise. Asian written all over the message.  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Anyways, the seller sent me three exact messages stating that the kit was not in stock, and would I mind waiting 3-4 weeks for their supply to replenish. I was going to reply YES, I would mind, so cancel my order! I happened to glance up and see that EBAY had sent me a message. It was in regards to my order, and that they had automatically cancelled the order, and reimbursed my PayPal account the amount of the purchase. 

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the CPAP Gods don't want me to have a hose cleaning kit. Maybe I'll just go with the flow and not buy one.  Dont-know

I feel your pain Big Guy
Every thing I do seems like a dead end  Coffee

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Big Guy - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 12:26 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Why does one want a hose cleaning kit?  I just dunk the hose in water if I think it needs cleaning.  I may do that once a quarter.  The hose never has anything other than filtered air and maybe a little moisture inside it.

I wanted the ability to actually physically clean the inside of the hose, every now & then. The hose cleaning kit isn't expensive (about $10.00 shipped). 

Thought that having one available when needed would be good. If for nothing else, just some peace-of-mind.

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Crimson Nape - 07-07-2019

FYI: The hose brush is available from about every supplier on our Supplier's List.

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - snorybob - 07-07-2019

Supplier#35 sell the 22 mm. cleaning brush for $10.00 can (about $7.00 us) + shipping.

RE: If it wasn't for bad luck......... - Big Guy - 07-07-2019

If I should decide to once again, reorder a hose cleaning kit, I'll definitely look to the supplier list this time. 

Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm?  Thinking-about