Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel (/Thread-Treatment-Treating-UARS-with-CPAP-and-bilevel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: UARS and APAP - WillSleep - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 08:19 AM)slowriter Wrote: PS - I think timing sync on sleep stage and flow rate graphs may be a little off?

Maybe ... 
  • Look for some milestone events to validate sync, like times you for sure know you woke up or got out of bed
  • Do a manual Hypnogram calculation for a period and see if you get the same results (would need to know the formula and look back period).   
  • Create a temp for testing graph the plots the times events you are pulling from the dreem so they can be visually validated with the time graphs OCSAR is showing now.
Having now seen all that you have do you believe it would be reasonably easy and reliable to also import in separate graphs the Heart Rate and Movement events from the dreem 2?   

That would be awesome.

WillSleep

RE: UARS and APAP - mper6794 - 10-11-2019

Hi, slowriter
It looks to me your Oct 9th chart shows the  same periodicity of the Sept 19th's, in which we have suggested indication of PLMS. This could eventually account for your arousals/awakenings.
I am wondering and curious at what conclusion you  have got at with regard PLMS, based on the videos?
Good luck

RE: UARS and APAP - slowriter - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 03:22 PM)WillSleep Wrote: ... Having now seen all that you have do you believe it would be reasonably easy and reliable to also import in separate graphs the Heart Rate and Movement events from the dreem 2? 

I expect that if and when Dreem adds those data to the CSV export, it will be easy to read it (they seem to be aiming for an easy to use and self-explanatory CSV format), but not sure what the formats that OSCAR supports are like.

I can't imagine it'd be too hard though.

They did tell me that have more CSV updates coming soon.

(10-11-2019, 03:24 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, slowriter
It looks to me your Oct 9th chart shows the  same periodicity of the Sept 19th's, in which we have suggested indication of PLMS. This could eventually account for your arousals/awakenings.
I am wondering and curious at what conclusion you  have got at with regard PLMS, based on the videos?

I haven't had time. When I do, I'll try to correlate video to those sorts of periods.

But nothing I've seen suggests PLMD .. so far.

(10-11-2019, 03:22 PM)WillSleep Wrote: Do a manual Hypnogram calculation for a period and see if you get the same results (would need to know the formula and look back period).   

"Manual" how?

I don't have any raw data; just the AI-derived hypnogram.

RE: UARS and APAP - WillSleep - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 03:53 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 03:22 PM)WillSleep Wrote: Do a manual Hypnogram calculation for a period and see if you get the same results (would need to know the formula and look back period).   

"Manual" how?

I don't have any raw data; just the AI-derived hypnogram.

Ya, without access to the event level data I don't see how it would be possible to replicate manually.

WillSleep

RE: UARS and APAP - slowriter - 10-12-2019

(10-11-2019, 03:36 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 03:24 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, slowriter

I haven't had time. When I do, I'll try to correlate video to those sorts of periods.

But nothing I've seen suggests PLMD .. so far.

So what can cause that periodic breathing funkiness (I don't think it's textbook periodic breathing, but it does show some waxing and waning), other than PLMD?

Issues with Co2 balance? The kind of thing that can lead to centrals?

Something else?

RE: UARS and APAP - mper6794 - 10-12-2019

...i suspect could be periodic holding breaths, following or anteceding, PLMS moves.
Good luck

RE: UARS and APAP - mper6794 - 10-12-2019

...audio-recording could easily work out the doubt.

RE: UARS and APAP - slowriter - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 01:31 PM)mper6794 Wrote: ...i suspect could be periodic holding breaths, following or anteceding, PLMS moves.
Good luck

I just looked at video that corresponds to the oddities right around 1:30 of the attached. I was completely still for a few minutes around that time. There is zero movement that corresponds to those breathing changes.

[attachment=16139]

At other points a bit later, there's some tossing and turning, and what look to me to be normal and brief stretching of ankles and toes.

From reading, I know PLMD can happen with ankle and toe movements, but how do you distinguish these from normal movements? I don't see any jerking, for example.

And if not PLMD (I have yet to see any evidence that it is), then what?