Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. (/Thread-CPAP-Took-the-Red-pill-now-my-journey-begins)

Pages: 1 2 3

Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - zabe - 06-06-2020

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea OSA on 02/27/20. My AHI was 34.7. My doctor's office did not feel that it was necessary to inform me of my diagnosis until I asked at the end of May 2020. The sleep study center wanted me to come back in in early June to do a titration. Having started to read these forums, and having some apprehension due to COVID-19 I declined to do the titration. At my request after telling her my issues and the fact that an APAP machine would auto titrate my doctor gave me a prescription for a ResMed Airsense 10 autoset. This was somewhat ironic, in that my insurance company would not approve the second titration study and suggested an APAP devise. I procured a slightly used (40 hours) ResMed Airsense 10 autoset recently. I am running with a heated hose, an Amara View hybrid mask with the following settings:

Pressure Minimum=8
Pressure Max=15
EPR full time=3
Humidity 2-4
Ramp=Off
Smart Start=On

My AHI has dropped to 1-2. I will attach some OSCAR screenshots as soon as I can though I have had some issues due to the noon daily "new day" time. I work 12 hour rotating shifts and frequently sleep between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm. I am trying a workaround for this issue by setting my clock in the machine ahead by 6 hours. This makes the noon time actually be at 6pm at a time that I am rarely ever sleeping. I just did this today and will upload some charts after a few days. I will be attaching a redacted sleep study report and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I moved my minimum pressure up because I like the additional pressure. As far as the OSCAR screenshots how many days should I wait before posting?

Thank You

For some reason my sleep study attachment did not show up I will try to attach it here.

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - OpalRose - 06-07-2020

Hi zabe,
Go ahead and post a couple OSCAR screenshots. This way, you will receive more responses once we see some data.
Follow the links in my signature line for guidance.

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - zabe - 06-07-2020

Here a couple of OSCAR screenshots. Don't pay attention to the time because I had to set the time ahead so the machine doesn't split all my sleep files when I am sleeping after night shift.

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - Gideon - 06-07-2020

Welcome to the forum Zabe.
The settings in your OP are fine, those in y7our two screenshots are different
Min Pressure should be >= 4 + EPR setting (or higher) To allow the EPR to fully do what it does. 8 is good.

Your Sleep Study showed an AVERAGE O2 Sat number of 88% That number requires supplemental oxygen overnight. Don't panic, because CPAP Therapy should raise that to acceptable levels. Just in case you should get a Pulse Oximeter (OSCAR compatible, see the oximetry wizard in OSCAR), and verify this (everyone is assuming your levels are good with a CPAP). Oxygen levels are also important for the COVID-19 so it doesn't hurt to have, just in case.

I ordered the CMS-50D+ Oximeter. If my oxygen levels return to more acceptable values on CPAP can i ditch wearing the Oximeter every time I sleep and just monitor it on occasion?

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - Gideon - 06-07-2020

Either way, you need to only wear it occasionally. This would give your doc a reason to officially monitor you overnight and then take action. You should be good though.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - zabe - 06-23-2020

Here is last nights chart with oximeter data. I also included a zoomed in chart which shows a typical CA. To my untrained eye it looks like I take a large breath, don't breath for over 10 seconds, and then resume normal breathing. All but the last CA on the chart look similar. I upped my pressure for comfort and because my average pressure was above 10.4. I feel rested. How does it look and any ideas for improvement?

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - mesenteria - 06-23-2020

If it isn't too much trouble, I would like to see what is going on with a zoom-in at two times: 2035 and 2132.  Please zoom in just enough that we get a good look at those times, plus about two minutes on either side.

Thank-you.

RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins. - zabe - 06-23-2020

Here they are. I captured 2037 there was nothing going on at 2035.