Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 06-27-2020

[attachment=24108]
Hypopnea event but says zero pressure.  Shouldn’t it be at my max?

RE: Hypopnea? - Sleeprider - 06-27-2020

That's some ugly breathing. Maybe back out the zoom a bit to 2-minutes or just show the whole night so we can get an ideal of what is going on? Your minimum pressure at 4.0 is not doing you any favors with a Philips Auto. It is very slow to respond to obstruction. I would suggest a minimum pressure of 8.0.

RE: Hypopnea? - Dugy40 - 06-27-2020

I did raise the min to 7 as someone suggested and c flex to 1.  I’ll post a pic of whole night.

(06-27-2020, 09:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's some ugly breathing.  Maybe back out the zoom a bit to 2-minutes or just show the whole night so we can get an ideal of what is going on?  Your minimum pressure at 4.0 is not doing you any favors with a Philips Auto.  It is very slow to respond to obstruction.  I would suggest a minimum pressure of 8.0.

heres all night.
[attachment=24112]

RE: Hypopnea? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-27-2020

Check your pressure settings again and see if they didn't get set back to what the doctor prescribed. It's still recording you're set on 4.

RE: Hypopnea? - OpalRose - 06-27-2020

Dugy40,
It would be a good idea to keep your therapy questions to one thread.  This way, folk can see what was suggested and what has been tried.  

I suggested you raise your pressure in your other thread.  That was only a couple hours ago.  So be sure to change your settings tonight.  

To answer your question about pressure showing at zero.  Look at the stats on the left sidebar of the first graph you posted. (Post #1) You can see where the pressure went up to almost 10cm.  You were at that pressure and below for 95% of the night.

The reason the graph doesn't show pressure is because you only showed us approximately 40 sec time instead of the whole night.

The second graph shows the whole night.

(06-27-2020, 10:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Dugy40,
It would be a good idea to keep your therapy questions to one thread.  This way, folk can see what was suggested and what has been tried.  

I suggested you raise your pressure in your other thread.  That was only a couple hours ago.  So be sure to change your settings tonight.  

To answer your question about pressure showing at zero.  Look at the stats on the left sidebar of the first graph you posted. (Post #1)  You can see where the pressure went up to almost 10cm.  You were at that pressure and below for 95% of the night.

The reason the graph doesn't show pressure is because you only showed us approximately 40 sec time instead of the whole night.

The second graph shows the whole night.

Thank you.  So keep everything in here? I just reset the pressure today.  We will see by morning how I do.   C flex changed to 1 is kind of bothering me but going to try and stick it out.  I set min to 7 as first suggested.  Thank you all for helping.

rera - Dugy40 - 06-28-2020

I made the machine settings changes as suggested. seems i slept better than usual. thank you
What is this Rera and why is it grayed out slighty,sorted highlighted? any suggestions always welcomed.
[attachment=24116][attachment=24117]

RE: Hypopnea? - Sleeprider - 06-28-2020

First, the shaded area you are seeing is a flag for the Philips machine detecting variable breathing http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Variable_Breathing In your case this is a fluctuation in respiratory flow rate caused by alternating flow limitation and recovery breathing. Your main problem as seen in this screenshot is flow limitation which is the mother of RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal). When breathing takes more effort due to airway resistance or partial obstruction, it can take more effort to get the same volume of air, and it can result in inadequate airflow to keep you well ventilated. You react by arousing and increasing your respiration rate or volume. The machine flags these periods of increasing flow limitation followed by recovery breathing as RERA.

You can see that this flow limitation started at your minimum pressure of 7.0 and the machine finally raised pressure by 0.5 cm after the second RERA. This is a classic example of why the Philips Respironics auto CPAP is not effective with people that experience upper airway resistance and these persistent flow limits. The algorithm is too slow to respond. The Resmed Autoset by contrast reacts much more aggressively to flow limitations, and provides a bilevel pressure (EPR) to directly treat flow limitation by supplying higher inspiratory pressure and lower expiratory pressure to do part of the work of mitigating that airway resistance. Your best option is to increase minimum pressure to 8.0. That is my recommendation.

RE: Hypopnea? - Dugy40 - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 08:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: First, the shaded area you are seeing is a flag for the Philips machine detecting variable breathing http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Variable_Breathing  In your case this is a fluctuation in respiratory flow rate caused by alternating flow limitation and recovery breathing.  Your main problem as seen in this screenshot is flow limitation which is the mother of RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal).  When breathing takes more effort due to airway resistance or partial obstruction, it can take more effort to get the same volume of air, and it can result in inadequate airflow to keep you well ventilated.  You react by arousing and increasing your respiration rate or volume.  The machine flags these periods of increasing flow limitation followed by recovery breathing as RERA.

You can see that this flow limitation started at your minimum pressure of 7.0 and the machine finally raised pressure by  0.5 cm after the second RERA.  This is a classic example of why the Philips Respironics auto CPAP is not effective with people that experience upper airway resistance and these persistent flow limits. The algorithm is too slow to respond.  The Resmed Autoset by contrast reacts much more aggressively to flow limitations, and provides a bilevel pressure (EPR) to directly treat flow limitation by supplying higher inspiratory pressure and lower expiratory pressure to do part of the work of mitigating that airway resistance.   Your best option is to increase minimum pressure to 8.0.  That is my recommendation.

So is my machine helping my sleep quality