Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-12-2020

(07-12-2020, 12:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That is an outstanding deal on a machine with low hours.  You may need a new humidifier tub, tube and a SD card.  All of those supplies can be purchased at significant discount on Amazon.

Your therapy on the Philips has become extremely good.  You may not even need the change.

Glad to hear my therapy looked good.  Slept great.  
 I have a pic.  Doesn’t look it has a climate hose.  24 bucks on amazon.  She said it has an sd card. At least I’ll have a good machine. I appreciate all your help.  When that machine gets here do you think I should start a new thread? 
[attachment=24492]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-12-2020

If you start a new thread, be sure to include a link back to your original thread and a summary of the problem you were trying to resolve and your last good settings like that chart you just posted. It's going to be pretty hard to beat that result, but I think you will find the Resmed feels better.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-13-2020

cruising right along. i had one apnea and one one hypopnea. i zoomed in on them. from what ive learned they dont look like true events to me,no straight line. anyways i already got a tracking number for my resmed airsense 10 autoset. posting last nights sleep session. i feel alert but do have a slight headache. i woke up alot it seems. bout 7 felt my mask leaking. it had slid up on me. too loose. anyways continued gratitude. Doug
[attachment=24518]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-14-2020

Good morning all. i zoomed in on a hypopnea  and a obstructive and a rera. Is the OA and hypopnea real? pretty sure the rera is real. Can you explain whats happening in this rera? looks like a OA with shallow breathing from pressure pulses. also how do you tell when i am awake. sorry thats a lot to ask. thank you.Doug
[attachment=24573][attachment=24571][attachment=24572]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-14-2020

The OA is a breath-hold and not an obstructive apnea. This probably happened while you changed position in bed. Not the inhale before the OA has no expiratory wave (below the zero flow line), and you exhale before the next breath occurs. The pattern of breathing following the OA suggests arousal.

The hypopnea appears to be flow limitation sufficient to reduce flow by at least 30% which is the Philips criteria for hypopnea.

The RERA needs a longer time-frame to see what happened before the flag. It looks like a central apnea following the flag

I'd like you to make some changes to your OSCAR Flow rate chart. Right Click near the Y-Axis and reset the Y-Scale Auto scale to be a narrower range between -80 and +80. Also add a Dotted Line at Zero. This will make the flow rate much easier to interpret and provide more consistency between graphs.

Sleeprider The OA is a breath-hold and not an obstructive apnea. This probably happened while you changed position in bed.  Not the inhale before the OA has no expiratory wave (below the zero flow line), and you exhale before the next breath occurs.  The pattern of breathing following the OA suggests arousal.

The hypopnea appears to be flow limitation sufficient to reduce flow by at least 30% which is the Philips criteria for hypopnea.

The RERA needs a longer time-frame to see what happened before the flag. It looks like a central apnea following the flag    

I'd like you to make some changes to your OSCAR Flow rate chart.  Right Click near the Y-Axis and reset the Y-Scale Auto scale to be a narrower range between -80 and +80.  Also add a Dotted Line at Zero.  This will make the flow rate much easier to interpret and provide more consistency between graphs.

i seen dotted lines and clicked it, kinda lost on the y scale. heres a screenshot. set min to -80 and max to +80?
[attachment=24581]

Where it says AUTO-FIT, select OVERRIDE and then you can change the - and + scales.

[attachment=24582] like this sleepyrider?

That's it. Everything above that line is inhale and everything below is exhale. We can better see the size of the breaths, and where the RERA is flagged is a larger breath following the flow limitation.

(07-14-2020, 10:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's it.  Everything above that line is inhale and everything below is exhale.  We can better see the size of the breaths, and where the RERA is flagged is a larger breath following the flow limitation.

I was playing with it and +40 and -40 made it almost fill the bar top to bottom.   That wouldn’t be better? Pretty sure you know it can do that and prefer 80.  Just thought I’d ask. 
  Do you think you seen a central apnea? Is there a link for studying how to read the charts? Help section of Oscar? Something better.   How do you know when someone is awake.  Thank you. Doug