Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-22-2020

Slept good last night. starting to get a red lump on the bridge of my nose, its not a sore yet. it is a little tender though. i tryed backing the tension off on the top straps. i go today for a mask fitting. found out my supplys are paid for by medicaid. so maybe ill get a better mask. had a couple leak neither lasted more than a minute. must of moved around?. i score 100 on the myair app every night. makes me wonder if i even need cpap. 0.5 events last night. the events dont look real to me. i didnt  post yesterday because i forgot to put the sd card back in the machine. oh well
   I sent the s9 back plus donated my system one. any suggestions. encouragement? ty you all Doug
ps. does the hypop look real.if so explain. i see it looks like i didnt exhale but couldnt that be mouth breathing? ty again
[attachment=24868][attachment=24869][attachment=24870]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 11:16 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: Slept good last night. starting to get a red lump on the bridge of my nose, its not a sore yet. it is a little tender though. i tryed backing the tension off on the top straps. i go today for a mask fitting. found out my supplys are paid for by medicaid. so maybe ill get a better mask. had a couple leak neither lasted more than a minute. must of moved around?. i score 100 on the myair app every night. makes me wonder if i even need cpap. 0.5 events last night. the events dont look real to me. i didnt  post yesterday because i forgot to put the sd card back in the machine. oh well
   I sent the s9 back plus donated my system one. any suggestions. encouragement? ty you all Doug
ps. does the hypop look real.if so explain. i see it looks like i didnt exhale but couldnt that be mouth breathing? ty again

[attachment=24871] Is this OA real. i see a leak then the OA, the machine quickly ups the pressure. what do you see? ty

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-22-2020

I think you can go with that one is real. Arousal about 3:58 apnea a minute later. Looks like things settle down and you get back to sleep pretty fast. Your therapy is working great but it’s not a cure. Good luck with the mask fitting.

Excited. - Dugy40 - 07-22-2020

[attachment=24895][attachment=24894]Went to Lincare.   Found out Medicaid pays for supply’s.   She gave me a climate tube and a ResMed Airfit N20. I get two cushions a month to.  New mask every six months.  Filters.  She mentioned a lot of other stuff. I am thankful and blessed.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - SarcasticDave94 - 07-22-2020

Good news there, so you should be set. Keep plugging away. If it's similar to my supplies, you can change to a different mask when the whole mask kit is up to be sent out. That's how I have gotten my N30i, then I got P30i cushions and they plug in to the frame. So I have 3ish masks.

Climate control tube. - Dugy40 - 07-22-2020

Any suggestions on settings? It’s on auto , temp is on auto too.  Experiences with climate tubing?

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-22-2020

You live in what is presently a hot humid climate. With air conditioning, your relative humidity is probably still 45-50%. Auto climate settings should be fine. The Climateline tube is automatically detected so you don't have to do anything. Go with that, and if you have comfort issues, then make changes.

new mask-numbers up - Dugy40 - 07-23-2020

good morning. the mask was comfortable. i never felt it leaking but the way the headhear is made if you move your head you can feel the nose piece move. 
  Did the mask cause me to get all these events? ive been under 1 ahi for weeks. put on new mask and it jumps to 1.50. its discouraging. feedback please. ty Doug

[attachment=24909]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Crimson Nape - 07-23-2020

Large leaks can hinder your CPAP from recognizing events. Based on your numbers from last night, I wouldn't worry. How do you feel?

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 09:20 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Large leaks can hinder your CPAP from recognizing events.  Based on your numbers from last night, I wouldn't worry.  How do you feel?

I feel rested.  But discouraged.  Do I take my climate hose off and go back to slimline.  Do I go back to my dreamwisp mask which wasn’t as comfortable but had less leaks and better numbers.? Confused. 
 If leaks can hinder the cpap from recognizing events are you saying I might have had more or are you saying these events may be not true events? 
  One rera.   Not one rera since ResMed till last night.