Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-23-2020

Doug, an AHI of 1.5 is fine, and you will vary from time to time. You introduced several new variables. Give it a chance and I'm sure your normal will return.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 10:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, an AHI of 1.5 is fine, and you will vary from time to time. You introduced several new variables.  Give it a chance and I'm sure your normal will return.

Thank you sleep rider.  I have a very tender spot on the bridge of my nose from the masks.   It hurts.   I prob didn’t tighten the Air N20 as tight as it needed to be.  It was very comfortable.  But.I woke up with too much water in my nose so I had to turn auto off. Humidifier was on four.   I changed to 2 and hose temp 70.   My mask still had water in it when I got up.  I’ll give it a few more nights.  Thank you for encouragement.  
   Doug.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - SarcasticDave94 - 07-23-2020

An AHI of 1.5 is great assuming you felt good, which it sounds like you have said that you are.

If you're getting some rainout, you can turn the heated hose up a few clicks. 70 degrees F may be too cool for your room atmosphere.

You may want to review mask adjustment procedures if you're having trouble with your mask fit. It's never to be so tight it hurts.

Keep going as it sounds like you are doing very good.

(07-23-2020, 12:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: An AHI of 1.5 is great assuming you felt good, which it sounds like you have said that you are.

If you're getting some rainout, you can turn the heated hose up a few clicks. 70 degrees F may be too cool for your room atmosphere.

You may want to review mask adjustment procedures if you're having trouble with your mask fit. It's never to be so tight it hurts.

Keep going as it sounds like you are doing very good.
Yes I feel good.  I wish this forum had a thank you or like button.  I like to always say thank you.  But it clogs the thread.  Most forums you can click thank you or like.  Thank you as always for commenting.  Doug.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - SarcasticDave94 - 07-23-2020

And you are welcome. You're doing very well at this, so be confident that it is. Don't worry about the little speed bumps.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-23-2020

Doug, the tube temperature needs to be at least five degrees warmer than the room to prevent condensation. 70 is probably too low. I use 80. The tube does not warm the air, it prevents condensation by keeping the tube wall warm. Do yourself a favor and buy a hose cozy or similar fleece tube cover. It lakes the tube a lot more comfortable against your skin, it’s quieter and will help prevent cold spots where condensation can occur.

(07-23-2020, 04:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, the tube temperature needs to be at least five degrees warmer than the room to prevent condensation. 70 is probably too low. I use 80. The tube does not warm the air, it prevents condensation by keeping the tube wall warm. Do yourself a favor and buy a hose cozy or similar fleece tube cover. It lakes the tube a lot more comfortable against your skin, it’s quieter and will help prevent cold spots where condensation can occur.

I’ll try that.  Thank you.  Doug.

patient access no? - Dugy40 - 07-24-2020

i found an article in this forum bout that displayed in oscar. i didnt understand how to turn patient access on. something bout essentials plus. 
 anyways. ahi down but still higher than the philips machine.. reras are def 100 percent better. would turning min to 9 help? or do you think its fine since i do feel rested?

[attachment=24938]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 07-24-2020

That seems like a reasonable move and would reduce pressure fluctuations. Good idea!

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Gideon - 07-24-2020

For now forget AHI, it's all about how you feel, your comfort.