Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - SarcasticDave94 - 08-22-2020

FWIW if you notice the sample GuyScharf added, his chart statistics varied each session. And this only accounts for one stat OSCAR gives report data on. Your stats will vary nightly also. You are doing good by what the data shows. If you're not feeling better for the therapy, you'll have to get specific in what's wrong.

Something to remember also is that apnea and PAP therapy aren't the only things to address for a majority of people. There can be other medical reasons for still feeling badly. And if your situation is where the PAP therapy is working properly and you're not feeling better it's time to get your doctor involved. You would benefit from reporting symptoms to your doctor and see if he/she decides to treat or test for other causes.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 08-22-2020

(08-22-2020, 04:05 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW if you notice the sample GuyScharf added, his chart statistics varied each session. And this only accounts for one stat OSCAR gives report data on. Your stats will vary nightly also. You are doing good by what the data shows. If you're not feeling better for the therapy, you'll have to get specific in what's wrong.

Something to remember also is that apnea and PAP therapy aren't the only things to address for a majority of people. There can be other medical reasons for still feeling badly. And if your situation is where the PAP therapy is working properly and you're not feeling better it's time to get your doctor involved. You may benefit would benefit from reporting symptoms to your doctor and see if he/she decides to treat or test for other causes.
I know the chart varies.  But I asked in theory.  If my pressure stayed at 14 all night long and my mask had a perfect seal what would the intentional leak be.  I uploaded the chart for my mask.  The way I read it says 40.   But that can’t be right because I know that anything over 24 is a high leak.  Am I asking an impossible question? Just like to know where my leak rate could be if everything was perfect.  Everyone’s going off subject.  I’ve researched for hours and hours.   I do appreciate all the help you offer.  
 Seems to get the answer I need to turn my machine on cpap at 14 and hold the mask perfect to not leak and set there about 15-30 min and see what it records.   
 I know my leak rate last night was the best I’ve seen because I wore the chin strap. I am just trying to learn all the technical stuff.   I’ve searched hours for cpap chart explanations.   Oscar and this forum always comes up with limited explanations.   I’d by a book about the charts if I could find it.   Anyways.  Thank you for listening.  Doug.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - GuyScharf - 08-22-2020

(08-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Dugy40 Wrote: I know the chart varies.  But I asked in theory.

As I said, a "perfect" leak rate would be zero as reported by a ResMed CPAP machine.  The machine measures the actual leak rate, subtracts the anticipated leak rate from the (generic?) mask design, and reports the difference.  A "perfect" chart would always have that difference as zero.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 08-22-2020

(08-22-2020, 06:54 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 06:34 PM)Dugy40 Wrote: I know the chart varies.  But I asked in theory.

As I said, a "perfect" leak rate would be zero as reported by a ResMed CPAP machine.  The machine measures the actual leak rate, subtracts the anticipated leak rate from the (generic?) mask design, and reports the difference.  A "perfect" chart would always have that difference as zero.

Thank you.   I’ll try and understand this.   I’ve looked at 100’s of charts and have seen no leaks at zero.  I seen several that was on 6 all the way across.  Not trying to be difficult.  Just trying to learn.  Thank you for helping.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - GuyScharf - 08-22-2020

(08-22-2020, 07:29 PM)Dugy40 Wrote: Thank you.   I’ll try and understand this.   I’ve looked at 100’s of charts and have seen no leaks at zero.  I seen several that was on 6 all the way across.  Not trying to be difficult.  Just trying to learn.  Thank you for helping.

Look at the charts I posted for Aug 18th and 19th.  There are a lot of zero leak periods in there, as well as occasional spikes.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 08-22-2020

Doug, here is a popout chart of my last 4-nights leak rate.  Look perfect to you?  Of course not.  We sleep and leaks happen.  If we're lucky they don't disrupt our sleep too much.  The theoretical zero leak is not common, but I have come close.  Resmed machines only report excess leaks. Philips machines report total leaks.  When we look at a leak chart from a Resmed machine we are seeing total leaks minus about 26 L/min.  The only leak we are concerned about is when it becomes large enough that the machine cannot control the airway, or sleep is badly disrupted.  So in all it's glory, this is reality.  Most of us have, and live with leaks. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25894]

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 08-23-2020

(08-22-2020, 08:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Doug, here is a popout chart of my last 4-nights leak rate.  Look perfect to you?  Of course not.  We sleep and leaks happen.  If we're lucky they don't disrupt our sleep too much.  The theoretical zero leak is not common, but I have come close.  Resmed machines only report excess leaks. Philips machines report total leaks.  When we look at a leak chart from a Resmed machine we are seeing total leaks minus about 26 L/min.  The only leak we are concerned about is when it becomes large enough that the machine cannot control the airway, or sleep is badly disrupted.  So in all it's glory, this is reality.  Most of us have, and live with leaks. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25894]

Thank you sleeprider.  My leaks don’t look quite as bad now.  
 Question.   My eyes are getting really puffy and swollen.  So much that I can tell when looking at stuff.  My face doesn’t look like me.  The n20 straps have some lines pulled in that stay all day.  I look different.   Guess minor effect? Thank you for being patient with me. 
 Second question.   Is there a way to get my system one data onto my resmed? Not that I for sure wanna do that.  Thought it be nice to have all my therapy on one card.   
 Thank you for showing me your leaks.  Makes me feel better.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Sleeprider - 08-23-2020

You can import Philips data into your OSCAR profile.  We often keep the data in separate profiles, but it can and has been done in one profile.  I actually have some Philips data way way back in my OSCAR profile.  I have not used the N20 and can't comment on the headgear issues.  I got nothing, but maybe Lefty can help.

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - jaswilliams - 08-23-2020

I found with a nasal mask the air leaked into my eyes making them dry and itchy. An eye mask solved that issue

RE: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Dugy40 - 08-23-2020

(08-23-2020, 09:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can import Philips data into your OSCAR profile.  We often keep the data in separate profiles, but it can and has been done in one profile.  I actually have some Philips data way way back in my OSCAR profile.  I have not used the N20 and can't comment on the headgear issues.  I got nothing, but maybe Lefty can help.

I watch all his videos.  He’s hilarious.   So.  I get that I am mouth breathing and not getting good sleep.  Guess I’ll break out the KnightsBridge tonight.  I wanna get my leaks down.  Surely 95 percent of my leaks aren’t mouth leaks? I sleep 10 to 13 hours then still drag all day long.  I wanna crash now but fighting it.  Too early.  Thank you for the vid.  Later.