Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dugy40 [Doug's Therapy Thread] (/Thread-Dugy40-Doug-s-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Hypopnea? - Dugy40 - 07-02-2020

(07-02-2020, 04:22 PM)Hoping my ResMed Sleeprider Wrote: Those flow limits are as good as hypopnea at reducing your SpO2. I think increasing minimum pressure will help more than increasing max. A minimum of 9.0 may help, but not as much as switching to a Resmed  Smile

Hoping my ResMed will be here by Friday.   I already know how to get into the clinical settings but I’ll be needing your advice on settings.

(07-02-2020, 04:22 PM)Hoping my ResMed Sleeprider Wrote: Those flow limits are as good as hypopnea at reducing your SpO2. I think increasing minimum pressure will help more than increasing max. A minimum of 9.0 may help, but not as much as switching to a Resmed  Smile

Hoping my ResMed will be here by Friday.   I already know how to get into the clinical settings but I’ll be needing your advice on settings.

large leak? - Dugy40 - 07-03-2020

good morning. 30 min large leak. do you think i had my mouth open? dont remember dry mouth last night. how does everything else look? VB is kind of high? i see some ugly breathing. ill know later how i slept. if i dont go back to sleep is how i tell and if i am nodding off all day. i hate my mask. hurts my nose. hopefully a new mask soon and the resmed machine. if you noticed i raised min to 9. no 14's last night. ty Doug
[attachment=24203]

RE: Hypopnea? - Sleeprider - 07-03-2020

That looks like a mouth leak. Your events are down and pressure is pretty stable now. You could probably set the minimum and maximum both at 9.0 and have good results. As far as ugly breathing, we are not trying for that level of perfection, but if you want to post an example, we can let you know what it may be. There may not be much we can do about it.

RE: Hypopnea? - Dugy40 - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 07:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That looks like a mouth leak. Your events are down and pressure is pretty stable now.  You could probably set the minimum and maximum both at 9.0 and have good results.  As far as ugly breathing, we are not trying for that level of perfection, but if you want to post an example, we can let you know what it may be.  There may not be much we can do about it.

[attachment=24205] looks way different than normal breathing.

Ordered mask,Interchangeable? - Dugy40 - 07-03-2020

I ordered a Philips respironics Dreamwisp mask.   Will it work on my ResMed machine when it gets here?

RE: Hypopnea? - SideSleeper - 07-03-2020

Masks are interchangeable between different different machine brands usually.

RE: Hypopnea? - Sleeprider - 07-03-2020

Sweetheart, once you get the Resmed machine, everything is going to work.

my nap didnt record? - Dugy40 - 07-04-2020

[attachment=24236][attachment=24237]

I have a screenshot of last night which is only 2 hours. just couldnt deal with it last night. shut it off about 2 am. awhile ago i decided to take a nap. wish i could tell you how long. Id say bout an hour. It did not record. The card is unlocked. I am including two screen shots hoping youll see a clue as why. ty Doug

RE: Hypopnea? - SarcasticDave94 - 07-04-2020

I think that if you attempt 2 OSCAR uploads in the same 24 hour period, only the first will be visible. You'd need to erase the data from the first session and then redo the upload as I recall to fix it.

There is the other aspect as we're chasing rabbits with this lame duck Respironics tune up, given the ResMed will need somewhat modified settings that Sleeprider already posted. It will also far outdo the therapy you're getting now.

setting recommendation? - Dugy40 - 07-05-2020

[attachment=24259][attachment=24260]
   someone recommended setting my machine at 9. i changed to to  9 min and 10 max though. do you still recommend 9 0nly? i used a new mask last night... old one called respironics simplicity over the nose. very comfortable.i feel like i slept really good. does my chart reflect that?
how do i shut snores off? they are unchecked in preferences. ty Doug