Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts (/Thread-Can-I-Get-Someone-to-Look-at-My-Wife-s-Charts)

Pages: 1 2

Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - mawaw1992 - 12-28-2020

[attachment=28928][attachment=28929][attachment=28930]My wife has been on Pap therapy for a little over 1 year and her AHI averages about 4.5. Every now and then it will run in the high 2's but very seldom. I was hoping to get someone to look at the charts I have attached of her last 3 nights and maybe see what her problem might be. She is using a Dreamstation APAP set from 8-12.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - Sleeprider - 12-28-2020

Based on these charts, her pressure is set from 7.0 to 15.0, but I think 8.0 would be a more appropriate minimum pressure, and 9.0 is certainly not out of the question. Might be interesting to look at a 2-3 minute zoom at about 02:50 on 12/26 where there is a cluster of hypopnea. It could be positional or just obstructive, but higher minimum pressure is definitely in order.

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - staceyburke - 12-28-2020

You said the bottom is set to 8 and your left panel shows 7 on all the nights. I would raise by 1 whatever it is set to.

You will probably get this suggestion more than once - a ResMed will help her the most. It has a better program that allows it to be much quicker in response and has EPR (flex on her machine) that works better.

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - mawaw1992 - 12-28-2020

[attachment=28940]Here is a chart of the 3 minute segment around 2:50. I have always noticed she seems to always have a lot of hypopneas. I will bump her minimum up to 8 and see what happens.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - Sleeprider - 12-28-2020

There is nothing wrong with the closeup period but it is pretty bad looking for sleep. The respiratory rate and volume is all over the place and the pressure increase in response to the first hypopnea at 02:50 is AFTER the event. I often see charts like this and feel so sad that all we can do is add pressure, because you don't have the EPR function that actually can treat this by predictably increasing pressure during inspiration and lowering pressure during exhale to smooth everything out.

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - mawaw1992 - 12-28-2020

I was looking at getting my wife a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset but noticed there are 2 models. One of them is call an AirSense 10 Autoset for Her that apparently is a little different from the regular model. Which one would be best for her problem?

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - staceyburke - 12-28-2020

The for her has an extra mode and many men get it also. It is the very same as the autoset WITH an extra setting. It would be a good choice

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - Sleeprider - 12-29-2020

Resmed prices both the Autoset for her and Autoset the same. It can't hurt to have the extra mode, but if you get a deal on a standard Autoset and the For Her is not available don't lose any sleep over getting the standard. Here is a wiki on how the For Her works vs Standard http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/CPAP_Algorithms

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - mawaw1992 - 01-09-2021

[attachment=29078][attachment=29079]My wife has slept a couple of nights using her new machine the Airsense 10 Autoset For Her. I wanted to post some charts to see what ya'll think and if any changes need to be made to her settings. Last night her AHI and Hypopneas were the lowest they have ever been since she has been on Pap therapy. I think it is headed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Can I Get Someone to Look at My Wife's Charts - Sleeprider - 01-09-2021

It looks like her therapy is adapting to the new Autoset, and results were much better on the 8th. We may want to raise minimum pressure to 8.4, but for now, it looks pretty good, and I think the appropriate step at this time is to do nothing. There is considerably less hypopnea and snoring as compared to the Philips. What is her feedback on comfort?