Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 (/Thread-Internal-Power-Connector-AirSense-10)

Pages: 1 2

Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - terrycts - 01-13-2021

My AirSense 10 internal power connector is defective. Anybody know where I can buy a replacement?[attachment=29140]

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - kwhenrykerr - 01-15-2021

Try a computer repair shop. The same connection is used on one of my laptops.

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - Sleeprider - 01-15-2021

I got a replacement from my DME, and it was less than $20.

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - Crimson Nape - 01-16-2021

I was thinking at looking at Digi-Key for the power plug.

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - terrycts - 01-16-2021

(01-15-2021, 09:05 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Try a computer repair shop. The same connection is used on one of my laptops.

(01-15-2021, 11:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I got a replacement from my DME, and it was less than $20.
Thanks
Link to DME?

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - OpalRose - 01-16-2021

You should check with the supplier or DME that you deal with, or check the Supplier list at the top of the page.
Other places might be EBay or even Amazon.
We are not allowed to post DME links here.  Smile

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - Sleeprider - 01-16-2021

I use Dynamic Healthcare Systems which is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA but is national. I just walked into the local office in Penn Hills, PA and said I need ed a new cord. They pulled one out of a drawer, and when they told me the price, I said, "I'll take two". I now have a spare that I keep under the seat in the car.

(01-16-2021, 01:28 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I was thinking at looking at Digi-Key for the power plug.

I had trouble finding the connector alone at Digi-Key, but what I need is the connector with the board. I'm not that good at soldering components onto boards.

(01-16-2021, 12:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use Dynamic Healthcare Systems which is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA but is national. I just walked into the local office in Penn Hills, PA and said I need ed a new cord. They pulled one out of a drawer, and when they told me the price, I said, "I'll take two".  I now have a spare that I keep under the seat in the car.

This ain't the cord. It is an internal plug with a board attached.

RE: Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 - Crimson Nape - 01-16-2021

The best I can tell it is a 4 amp - 24 volt power jack connector. There is a 2.1x5.5 DC power jack on Digi-key. Its P/N is: 486-3380-ND and sells for a $1.64.

Also, here is a PDF listing of the most common power jacks, https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Prototyping/ADC-H-028-1.pdf

I hope this helps.

(01-16-2021, 11:58 AM)OpalRose Wrote: You should check with the supplier or DME that you deal with, or check the Supplier list at the top of the page.
Other places might be EBay or even Amazon.
We are not allowed to post DME links here.  Smile

OK.
I already checked many DME's in the list, along with eBay and Amazon, along with a google search for internal replacement parts for my model. Then I emailed or called several CPAP repair shops. No go on selling the part, even used. You folks were my last hope.

The unit has 2.75 years of use on it and I don't want to pay a mail in repair to make such a simple repair. I know they would charge me for going over the entire unit. I just don't think it is worth it, now that the retail price commonly goes down to $500 from the original $850. Besides I would have to put it back together.

Thanks again.