Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user (/Thread-10-year-CPAP-user-new-system-and-new-mask-and-1st-time-Oscar-user)

10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user - armandxp - 01-26-2021

Hello to all, and let me thank you in advance for any help or advice that of you may offer.

I've been a CPAP user for 10 or so years with the ResMed s9, just started using my new ResMed a10 apap, yesterday. Don't have insurance or a dr. at the moment, either.  I pretty much plugged in my older numbers into this new machine.  I'm trying to read and understand the graphs, but a little over my head when it comes to what I should do to improve my numbers, or if even my numbers are that bad?  I felt like I slept great.  Only woke up one time in the middle of the night.  I side sleep, mostly.  

I always used the swift fx nasal pillows for years.  My first new type of mask last night, and its the resmed p10.  I love it.  It feels great and comfortable to me.  I felt like it was on pretty good, also.  I never felt any leakage.  I like to turn my CPAP on when I get in bed and watch movies till I get tired, also.  I left it on auto humidification, auto ramp, etc.  I had it on probably an hour before I fell asleep.

If there's any other info I should share, please let me know.  I Haden't been very serious the past few years with my therapy, and I'm trying to get back into the habit of making sure things are set correctly and I can understand them.  I don't have insurance or can afford a dr. at the moment.  Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I did read about trying to get the charts setup correctly and screenshot info correctly.  I'm using a Mac so not sure I did everything exactly right.

Thanks,
Terry

RE: 10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user - Sleeprider - 01-26-2021

As a veteran user, you are accustomed to the machine and your results are good in terms of AHI. Like you, I also went from the Swift FX to the P10 and liked the quieter, lighter mask. It's a natural progression. There is nothing wrong with your current settings and you would be fine to leave them as-is. Your respiratory statistics look very healthy! That said, the residual issues are mainly hypopnea and some RERA and a few OA. That's all obstructive, and it's going to respond better to EPR at 3 instead of 2.

I prefer to see more stable pressures to minimize sleep disruption, so in your case, I would probably set the minimum pressure at 12.0 with EPR 3 and allow a maximum pressure of 15.0. I doubt you will notice much difference other than it will drop the flow limitation a bit, and that may reduce the RERA and H events. You indicate you're using ramp while still awake. I'm fine with that, but most people that have been using the therapy as long as you and I don't bother with ramp. My presse starts at 13/9 and your will start at 11/8 (inhale/exhale) with the settings suggested, and I think they will feel pretty good.

RE: 10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user - armandxp - 01-26-2021

Thank you for the suggestions.  I'm going to input them for tonight.  Feels so good to have a new system and new mask setup.  I love numbers and seeing what everything means and trying to get them better.  I'm a total geek like that. LOL