Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How am I doing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How am I doing (/Thread-How-am-I-doing--31984)

How am I doing - maxship - 03-11-2021

Received my card reader today and below are my results from OSCAR.
Due to frequent power outages in last two days , couldn't use CPAP during entire sleep duration.
Hence I'm not sure if these results can be valid. Also had issue with mask leak in the beginning which I've corrected now.
May you please help to review below results and advice if I need to make any changes...?

Thanks.

RE: How am I doing - Sleeprider - 03-11-2021

Maxship, it looks like your pressure needs some optimization. you are currently at 4.0 to 15 pressure with EPR 1. The pressure goes straight to 15.0 due to high flow limitations that are driving the pressure changes. I think you need to change your minimum pressure to at least 7.0, or higher if you are comfortable with that, and increase EPR to 3. This will make the therapy more comfortable and will cut the flow limits. Hope your power problems get sorted.

RE: How am I doing - maxship - 03-11-2021

Thank you Sleeprider for feedback.
Attached is last night's data with EPR set to 3 and min pressure set to 7.
I didn't feel any difference with above settings.
In the first half I can see frequent flow limitation with pressure shooting up to max. Also AHI shoots to max value =9 during this half.
Only difference I know is that my mask was bit tighter during the first half.
May you please help to understand what caused the high values in the first half...?

RE: How am I doing - Sleeprider - 03-11-2021

Your obstructive apnea and even flow limitations are clustered. That is the signature of positional apnea. Your solution may be as simple as reducing the height of pillows you use, or you may need to consider a soft cervical collar. I suspected this in your first chart, but now we have what is pretty close to proof. Your final session beginning before 05:00 shows that you have good control of obstructive events with lower pressure, but when you tuck your chin, it is all over the place. You need some changes. Even though you have ramp starting at 4, your pressure skyrockets over 12, nearly instantly when ramp ends. Again, this is because you're tucking your chin. Read these wikis that describe a very common problem. Do what you must to avoid getting your neck in a kink like a hose, and the problems are going to greatly diminish.

Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Soft_Cervical_Collar

RE: How am I doing - maxship - 03-12-2021

Attached last night's data without using a pillow. It seems I may need to use a cervical collar.
Yesterday, I was reading through the Flow Limitation wiki and landed in member Marklang's thread.
Was wondering if I may also need to switch to BiPAP, as my pressure as well shooting towards the max setting 15 cm H2O.
Will get a cervical collar and post my results in coming days.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better 1 week after starting my CPAP therapy with less fatigue and sleepy during the day. But I think it can still be improved.
Thank you Sleeprider for your support.

RE: How am I doing - maxship - 02-17-2024

Hi,
Am returning to the forum after a long time.
Everything was going well, but since last month, I'm waking up feeling tired. Similar to what I've been feeling before use of CPAP.
Request if any expert can review the attached data from last few days and share some insights.
[attachment=59713][attachment=59714][attachment=59715]

RE: How am I doing - OpalRose - 02-17-2024

In 2021, you said you would try a cervical collar.  Have you been using one?

I see some evidence of positional apnea on your graph.  You will need to revisit how you are sleeping.  Your pillow can make a huge difference as far as head and neck alignment.   Stay away from pillows that are too tall or using more than one, as this can cause your head to tilt forward into your chest and cut off your air.  

As far as your therapy goes, you still show high flow limitation even with using the max
EPR setting.  You will need a higher minimum pressure to help with this.  

I would raise the minimum to 12 with EPR 3.  This may help with flow limitation and Hypopnea.  Also, (if chin tucking isn't at play), your Obstructives should come down too.

RE: How am I doing - Sleeprider - 02-17-2024

Pretty much what OpalRose said, but I was going to a minimum of 9-10. It's pretty clear your starting pressure of 7/4 is actually a non-starter.

RE: How am I doing - maxship - 03-03-2024

Thank you OpalRose , Sleeprider for your feedback.
I'm not using pillows since long. Tried using cervical collar few times, but stopped as it was really uncomfortable.
I've noticed that  most of the time, I sleep on my side, instead of back. And then AHI goes above 1.0.

Below I'm attaching chart with new settings and appreciate if you could take a look and provide some insights.

Maxship

RE: How am I doing - OpalRose - 03-03-2024

Hi maxship,

It looks like the March 2nd chart shows the best data, as the Flow Limitation was down,
and overall AHI lower. The question is, how did you sleep? Were you on your side or back?

On the February 28th chart, I'm seeing a couple instances of Positional Apnea,
(clumps of apnea), where the FL caused pressure to rise. Are you aware of what position you were in during those times?

Overall, your charts look decent.