Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 motor replacement part - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 motor replacement part (/Thread-Airsense-10-motor-replacement-part)

Airsense 10 motor replacement part - TYPHOONBOB - 03-19-2021

Hello all, thanks for any help... I woke up to grinding inside my Airsense, discovered the blower wheel in the motor shattered and plastic parts were rattling until last night when it lodged itself and errors out. 

I fix my own stuff usually since I am an expat in Philippines... which leads me to the problem, they often throw away machines or sell off parts and I cannot seem to find one particular part for both this resmed and my old resperonics (lcd)... I need parts shipped and yes I can receive it via FedEx, UPS, DHL etc... 

B183512811 000-0450-23 00001327151

I scanned the QR code on the motor and this was the result. I have FYI checked many on the list of cpap links but no luck, it has resulted in offline messages left or someone wanting to sell me a new one.  Perhaps I didn't find the right link to order and ship a motor?? Probably so...

I have been in here many times but I could not find my username and both my email addresses go into the abyss when I try to recover it... I'm thinking maybe I registered with an isp email years ago and so I have to start over.

I am 15 year user of cpap ... it is a phenomenal way to stay healthy and not lose your life needlessly to apnea... Fear was what lead me to seek cpap therapy after my doctor informed me that I stop breathing for linger than she would tell me and said ..m just trust me don't stop using one!!!! Wow.... to today I remember that so much that even in a typhoon hurricane whatever I put my cpap on the generator.

I am from Florida, I moved here to the Philippines to be closer to my brother and parents who are in Thailand and son in Japan... I just wanted Philippines because it is just like Florida only things like this CPAP issue cause me stress

Thanks for reading my drama haha... actually I'm quite anxious as I don't have insurance coverage to replace the unit, I do have BCBS of Florida and could fly 24 hours there and back I guess ... oy that is the cost of a machine!

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - staceyburke - 03-19-2021

Check out Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site. I have purchased 2 from them and they are a good company and great machines. I got both used at a very good price. They come with a years warranty and ship about anywhere. Its worth a call! $389 for used - all tubes, humidifier, carrying case, power. Mine had less than a months use and my sons had less than a week.

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - TYPHOONBOB - 03-23-2021

Thank you,  I contacted them and have yet to get a reply back by email or phone so maybe they don't like sending it overseas :Sad

I'll try calling them again Smile  thank you I'm kinda sad I only got on the suppliers list at the top of the site.

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - Sleeprider - 03-24-2021

Since you are in the Philippines and need a part, Supplier #2 can only ship you a new or used machine. For parts you need to contact a vendor like Supplier #27 that is an authorized repair facility. They would never sell parts to a U.S. customer, but you might be able to persuade them to send you the pneumatic block or blower. I have doubts, but worth a try.

Your Airsense 10 uses the same pneumatic block as every other Airsense 10 or Aircurve 10 device. It doesn't matter which model. The fan speed is controlled by the main board PCB and the motors are all the same. Any scrapped Resmed 10 series device has the part your need, if the blower is good.

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - Crimson Nape - 03-24-2021

One quick note; The machine run hours appear to be stored on a chip on the pneumatic block. Replacing this part probably will change your CPAP's run hours. Not a biggie, but I thought you should be made aware of it.

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - Rogi Blatus - 10-12-2021

I wish the parts, like the blower unit, were available new. Added importance given that it is only serviceable as a unit replacement, but may harbor detritus, fungus, mold, etc. More of a gamble when buying a used one!

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - vk3hjq - 02-23-2022

(10-12-2021, 02:18 PM)Rogi Blatus Wrote: I wish the parts, like the blower unit, were available new. Added importance given that it is only serviceable as a unit replacement, but may harbor detritus, fungus, mold, etc. More of a gamble when buying a used one!

I would never buy a used unit for the above reasons too, & its almost impossible to clean these blowers out as they are sealed.
They are available (well they are in the units), you just need to know where in China.

John  vk3hjq  Smile

RE: Airsense 10 motor replacement part - vk3hjq - 09-22-2022

(02-23-2022, 01:19 AM)vk3hjq Wrote: I would never buy a used unit for the above reasons too, & its almost impossible to clean these blowers out as they are sealed.
They are available (well they are in the units), you just need to know where in China.

John  vk3hjq  Smile

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Blower-Motor

John vk3hjq  Smile