Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? (/Thread-Feeling-stuck-What-would-you-recommend-I-do-next)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - sleepy331 - 03-29-2021

Hi all,

I'm feeling somewhat frustrated right now, as I'm having a hard time getting my BiPAP dialed in. I imagine that my allergies aren't helping anything, but perhaps there's something I can change on my machine that will help me get some better sleep...

Please see the attached chart.

I appreciate any advice I can get... thanks!

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - staceyburke - 03-29-2021

I could not link the post but search for” Vauto CA Trigger and Cycle”. Without reading it all set your trigger to high I set mine to very high after reading this and my ca went down. You have a higher number than I did so you may need a different pap machine if this doesn’t work.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - SarcasticDave94 - 03-29-2021

Agreed on the high trigger. Any idea what your diagnosic sleep study data was? It's best practice to have it in your personal health file regardless, but if you don't have it, you need it. I'm fishing for the table that shows the event count and type. I want to ID your Central issue.

You're not alone in getting this report, I just called today to get my newest. And HIPAA says yes you are legally permitted to get this upon request.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - sleepy331 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:50 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Agreed on the high trigger. Any idea what your diagnosic sleep study data was? It's best practice to have it in your personal health file regardless, but if you don't have it, you need it. I'm fishing for the table that shows the event count and type. I want to ID your Central issue.

Your not alone in getting this report, I just called today to get my newest. And HIPAA says yes you are legally permitted to get this upon request.

Hey Dave, 

It's strange, I've attached my sleep study. I believe it showed 0 central apneas, if I'm not mistaken.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - sleepy331 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 07:32 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I could not link the post but search for” Vauto CA Trigger and Cycle”. Without reading it all set your trigger to high I set mine to very high after reading this and my ca went down. You have a higher number than I did so you may need a different pap machine if this doesn’t work.

Wow, that stinks considering I bought mine with out-of-pocket funds. What type of machine would be better? An ASV?

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - staceyburke - 03-29-2021

Yes a ResMed asv is made to treat centrals. If you must get another one check Supplier #2 at the top of the site. You can sell yours to them and buy a used one. That is where I got my VAUTO. Less than one moth use.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - Sleeprider - 03-29-2021

I don't know. We're looking at a single chart with fixed pressure 8.0/6.0 and an AHI under 4. It's a little early to abandon ship. Let's make sure Easybreathe is on and trigger set to high, and see what happens. From there we can try other things. A big part of the problem here is everytime Sleepy331 has another question, he starts a new thread. Dude, your therapy data on the Vauto are spread across multiple thread and we are getting no continuity in how to advise you!

Previously, your AHI has ranged form 2 to 4 and leaks were a significant problem. You seem to have solved that somehow.Your pressure support and pressure settings have changed, and we don't really have a grasp on the relationship of those changes to your results. Now with AHI under 4, you are on fixed pressure with PS 2.0. Can we at least agree it might be helpful to stick to one thread to post your therapy data?

Try the high trigger sensitivity, then come back HERE and let's see what we have before moving to yet another thread. This whole thing started with your assumption you had UARS, which is certainly not borne out by your results in any of the threads.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - SarcasticDave94 - 03-29-2021

I'm leaning to the CA being treatment emergent with our OP mentioning CA not being evident on the diagnostic. I didn't see the table on that shot just posted, but by the words sleepy331 describes, I don't think pre-existing CA is our direction here.

I would still try the trigger CA action. And yes please keep thread continuity. Thank you.

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - kappa - 03-29-2021

The sleep study doesn't have any apparent place to report Central Apneas, so maybe they didn't collect data in order to tell one way or the other. Did you wear straps (respiritory effort belts) around your chest and mid-abdomen during the sleep study? Doesn't appear to be any leg movement monitoring either...

Edit: Actually pAHIc is their measure of central events... so there were some (avg 1.8/hr) during your study

RE: Feeling stuck. What would you recommend I do next? - sleepy331 - 03-30-2021

(03-29-2021, 09:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't know. We're looking at a single chart with fixed pressure 8.0/6.0 and an AHI under 4.  It's a little early to abandon ship. Let's make sure Easybreathe is on and trigger set to high, and see what happens.  From there we can try other things.  A big part of the problem here is everytime Sleepy331 has another question, he starts a new thread. Dude, your therapy data on the Vauto are spread across multiple thread and we are getting no continuity in how to advise you!

Previously, your AHI has ranged form 2 to 4 and leaks were a significant problem. You seem to have solved that somehow.Your pressure support and pressure settings have changed, and we don't really have a grasp on the relationship of those changes to your results.  Now with AHI under 4, you are on fixed pressure with PS 2.0.  Can we at least agree it might be helpful to stick to one thread to post your therapy data?  

Try the high trigger sensitivity, then come back HERE and let's see what we have before moving to yet another thread.  This whole thing started with your assumption you had UARS, which is certainly not borne out by your results in any of the threads.

Will do! Sorry about the multiple posts!