Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? (/Thread-Equipment-UARS-diagnosis-Which-machine-should-I-get)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - Gideon - 06-02-2021

Right click on a section of the CA events until the duration (on the upper left of the flow rate chart shows 10 minutes. That will provide a good indication of the character of the central events.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-02-2021

(06-02-2021, 06:30 PM)Gideon Wrote: Right click on a section of the CA events until the duration (on the upper left of the flow rate chart shows 10 minutes.  That will provide a good indication of the character of the central events.

Is this what you were looking for?

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-03-2021

Here are two screenshots of Oscar data from last night, as well as a new 10-minute stretch of CA events.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - Gideon - 06-03-2021

One more try, set PS = 0.
If the central persist I think you may be headed toward an ASV

(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Gideon Wrote: One more try, set PS = 0.
If the central persist I think you may be headed toward an ASV

Do you mean if they persist, I'll have to buy an Aircurve 10 ASV?

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - Gideon - 06-03-2021

unfortunately, an ASV is a definite possibility.

If they are treatment-emergent they should diminish in 2-3 months but I expected better results from lowering the PS, that puts this in question even though the pattern looks like treatment-emergent.

(06-03-2021, 10:11 AM)Gideon Wrote: unfortunately, an ASV is a definite possibility.

If they are treatment-emergent they should diminish in 2-3 months but I expected better results from lowering the PS, that puts this in question even though the pattern looks like treatment-emergent.

Okay, I'll lower the PS to zero tonight and report back tomorrow. I think I need some time just to get acclimated to sleeping with a mask on. The last two nights have not been typical for me in terms of when I actually fall asleep and how long I sleep -- normally I fall asleep within 30 minutes and either stay asleep or wake up once or twice.

The last two nights on the AirCurve have felt more like my sleep studies, where I'm struggling to get comfortable and finally get a few hours of sleep in the latter half of the night.

I should mention I'm also trying to taper off nightly 25mg of doxylamine succinate. It was helping me get to sleep, but the ENT seemed to suggest I shouldn't be taking it every night.

Hopefully I won't need to switch machines, but if I do, I do.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-03-2021

Quick suggestion, make a sleep therapy diary on PAP therapy, settings, complaints, issues, symptoms. If ASV becomes needed ask for titration with ASV involved.

I forgot to ask in my last post -- is our ultimate goal to get the AHI and number of CA events in the Flow Rate as low as possible?

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-03-2021

More or less yes. By low as possible, this would be Central AHI will be below 5, say 2-3 or so with including patient comfort. We never have a zero as the goal just low enough to be treated and with reasonable comfort.