Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? (/Thread-Equipment-UARS-diagnosis-Which-machine-should-I-get)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-05-2021

That sounds about right, that I was in and out of sleep towards the tail end. I think I "officially" woke up around 8:30-ish and was drifting in and out of sleep beyond that point (it feels like a strained a muscle in my neck, so I was reluctant to get up).

Here's what could be contributing to leak rates -- I've noticed a few times during the night, my nose or chin would itch, and I'd have to slip my finger under the mask to deal with it. Also, I went to the bathroom two times during the night, and instead of stopping the machine like I have been during the first few nights of use, for some reason I just took the mask off and let it run. I'll probably go back to shutting it off during bathroom breaks if that's recommended. I think you can see when I did that in the flow rate chart. I'll be trying out some P10 nose pillows in the next couple of days, and hopefully a N10 nose mask by the end of the month, so that might reduce or eliminate the itch issues.

Also I'll change the Min EPAP to 6 as you suggested and report back tomorrow.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-05-2021

OK sounds good. There's some sort of facial wipes that you might look into. Maybe it would cut down on the itchiness.

I'll keep that in mind. Is there a specific brand you recommend? I adjusted the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 and took a long nap (I slept on my neck funny last night and now it hurts when I turn my head left or right. I don't think it's due to the mask or the bipap machine, just something that happens once in a long while, though this time it's worse than usual for some reason). The results look pretty promising.

[attachment=32705]

Nice. Now to repeat this many times. Promising indeed.

The facial wipes?... Maybe there's some others have used, I haven't myself but let me do a quick Google and see what pops up.

Here's one quick hit at Wally World "Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-In-One Facial Cleansing Wipes" a Johnson and Johnson product. Again never used it so I don't know if it's a good choice...

PS did your pressure bump to 6 feel acceptable? Again looks better.

Yeah, the pressure bump felt fine. I was a little concerned when we dropped the PS from four to one to zero because it didn't feel like much was happening anymore when I put the mask on, but I think that turned out to be purely psychological. I can probably take it to seven tomorrow if necessary.

If you keep getting these recent results, the change to 6 or 7 and other edits will more likely be based on comfort instead of numbers but still monitor and post the OSCAR chart.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-06-2021

I didn't have a very good night's sleep last night. I woke up three or four times for no real reason that I can remember and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. Not sure why my earlier nap was so superior to these results. I think I still just need to get acclimated to wearing something on my face for a long period of time, though I think the full face mask might be getting on my nerves. I have the option to try wearing nose pillows instead tonight, so that might help.

Also, I zoomed in to last night's portion of the flow rate chart because it included the earlier nap data as well as the huge gap of time that passed between the end of the nap and when I went to sleep.

[attachment=32710]
[attachment=32711]
[attachment=32712]

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-06-2021

Well that looks a bit nasty. You're going to run the purple ink out.

Sure try the nasal mask and see how it goes. Maybe that reduces the itching thing.

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-07-2021

I tried sleeping with Swift FX nose pillows but couldn't get comfortable with them, plus there was a perpetual, noisy, small hiss near where the base of the elbow meets the hose extension. It felt like a leak to me, though the AirCurve didn't show any problems when I ran a mask fit, so I switched back to the full mask.

[attachment=32732]
[attachment=32733]
[attachment=32734]

RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get? - cinematic6436 - 06-07-2021

Clarification -- what I thought to be a leak is there by design. Part of me thought it was intentional ventilation since the "leak" happened to be right in the front, pointing directly away from the wearer. I can't imagine anyone who needs it to be quiet ever getting a good night's sleep wearing this particular mask since every inhale/exhale brings quite a bit of noise.