Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] CPAP sd card data logging principle - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] CPAP sd card data logging principle (/Thread-CPAP-CPAP-sd-card-data-logging-principle)

CPAP sd card data logging principle - xxxxqwe - 05-22-2021

Hello to everyone

I am using DreamStation 2. I bought the sd card 2 weeks after using the device. The doctor said, after using the device for 1 month, come to control. I inserted the sd card 2 weeks later. Should I go to the doctor's control after 2 weeks? Or should I wait for 1 month from now?

Sum up: 

When sd card is inserted in cpap devices, report data is written before the card is inserted?

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - Sleeprider - 05-22-2021

Detailed data is written to the SD card as the device is used. It must be in place before starting therapy. Summary data like the hours of use and AHI are stored in the machine and written to the SD card when it is inserted.

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - Crimson Nape - 05-22-2021

Hi xxxxqwe! Welcome

You have the latest Dreamstation model. It may be different, but CPAP machines normally require the SD card to be in the CPAP while it is in use to collect detailed sleep data. If you insert the SD card in the CPAP after using it will only provide summary data.

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - xxxxqwe - 05-22-2021

(05-22-2021, 08:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Detailed data is written to the SD card as the device is used. It must be in place before starting therapy.  Summary data like the hours of use and AHI are stored in the machine and written to the SD card when it is inserted.

I got it. Then I need to go to the doctor after 1 month. Cause the doctor won't see my detailed reports.

Thank you Thanks

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - Gideon - 05-22-2021

Actually, he could if he wanted to. Detailed data is sent to the manufacturer (Philips/ResMed) and they can subscribe to a service where they can access it, though I don't believe that many do.

(05-22-2021, 08:17 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi xxxxqwe!   Welcome

You have the latest Dreamstation model.   It may be different, but CPAP machines normally require the SD card to be in the CPAP while it is in use to collect detailed sleep data.  If you insert the SD card in the CPAP after using it will only provide summary data.

Hi Crimson Nape! thank youSmile Then maybe the doctor can see my old detailed data. I will wait and see. I'll write the result here.

(05-22-2021, 09:01 AM)Gideon Wrote: Actually, he could if he wanted to.  Detailed data is sent to the manufacturer (Philips/ResMed) and they can subscribe to a service where they can access it, though I don't believe that many do.

Sad Yes, unfortunately I agree. Judging by the technology we have, it's actually a very simple thing. Oh-jeez

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - SideSleeper - 05-23-2021

My new Airsense 10 came without a card. When I asked my DME about this I was told I didn't need one as they (and my doctor) could access it wirelessly. Did your doctor specifically ask that you bring in a card?

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - GuyScharf - 05-23-2021

(05-23-2021, 10:34 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: My new Airsense 10 came without a card.  When I asked my DME about this I was told I didn't need one as they (and my doctor) could access it wirelessly.  Did your doctor specifically ask that you bring in a card?

fyi, ResMed machines write far more detailed data to the card than they send to ResMed through the cellular connection. Your doctor can see more extensive summary data but it is still not the fine detail you can see on the card using OSCAR (or ResScan).

RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle - SideSleeper - 05-24-2021

Thanks for this information, Guy. I briefly saw the print-out my DME had when talking to an RT there last month about getting a different mask set-up. It looked to be a double-sided sheet of paper and the leak details were quite detailed--didn't see anything else. That's how i found out I was being monitored!