Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? (/Thread-Respironics-Trilogy-for-complex-apnea)

Pages: 1 2

Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - Chalkie - 05-24-2021

My sleep doctor has responded to my request for an ASV machine by saying that she is going to try me on the Respironics  Trilogy. As yet, I do not know precisely which model.

I was just wondering if this is going to be suitable to deliver the ASV treatment that I believe I need. At first glance, it appears it does, as it has three modes, one of which is ASV. However, I cannot help wondering if there is a better option.

Can anyone comment on this?

RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - Gideon - 05-24-2021

Sawinglogz, do you see the Trilogy in OSCAR'S future?

IMHO the Trilogy is a capable machine. It is not currently supported by OSCAR. The best advice is given when detailed data is present. We use OSCAR for this. Ask your doc how you can get detailed data, show him standard and zoomed data from both Standard and Advanced OSCAR charts so he can know what you mean.

Dave, since you are/were looking in this direction any comments?

RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - Chalkie - 05-24-2021

Thanks - I would really like to know if the Trilogy is going to be suppot3ed by OSCAR. I would hate to lose the ability to monitor myself. If it looks that way, I will ask the doctor for the Resmed equivalent. That may mean switching to a different clinic,a nd yet more delays. So, a not insignificant piece of information...

RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - SarcasticDave94 - 05-24-2021

A Trilogy by Respironics is not the same as ASV. This Trilogy is an NIV ventilator. ASV mode isn't on it. You'll have ventilator modes like PAC and AVAPS, among others. And take note Respironics has stopped selling Trilogy and the DreamStation's models. DreamStation 2 is replacing due to foam issues. There is a Trilogy Evo that is not affected by the foam issues.

Do you have lung disease as well as Apnea?

RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - Chalkie - 06-08-2021

Sorry for the belated reply.

I do not have lung issues on top of apnea, no.

What would the ResMed ASV equivalent be?

RE: Respironics Trilogy for complex apnea? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-08-2021

ResMed PaceWave something including ASV in the name.

And as a supplementary question, fi I may, what machines ARE supported by OSCAR?

I want to ask my sleep doc asap about an alternative to the Trilogy.

Would the ResMed Aircurve 10 work with OSCAR?

What other ASV machines would also? Any other Respeion ois models?

ResMed AirCurve 9 or 10 ASV just AirCurve would mean any bilevel. Both are OSCAR supported. Respironics SV Auto but they're typically going to be a lesser successful therapy machine.

OK, thankyou very much.

You're welcome and best to your success.