Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressure] Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressure] Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? (/Thread-Pressure-Titration-study-last-night-Recommended-settings-for-tonight)

Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - trialNerror - 06-13-2021

Hey Gang, I had a titration study last night following an at-home study (AHI = 85). I self paid for the titration study because my insurance has been a pain to deal with so the tech gave me more feedback than she said they normally do. Apparently my sweet spot was a pressure of 8 with C-Flex of 3 and level 1 humidity. 

I purchased an Airsense 10 after my home study but wanted to wait until I had the titration before using it. It will take 2 weeks before my doctor gets the titration results but I don’t want to wait that long to start treatment. 

What settings should I set the Airsense to tonight? 6-10 with pressure relief of 3? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

RE: Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - staceyburke - 06-13-2021

Your min has to be at least 7 for the EPR to work at 3. EPR is exhale pressure relief and the lowest pressure your pap machine can go is 4. So min 7-3 EPR = 4.

RE: Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - OpalRose - 06-13-2021

With an AHI of 85, do you know the breakdown of that number:  Obstructives, Hypopnea and/or Clear Airway?

This makes a difference in how much EPR you should use.  But you have to start somewhere, so go with stacey's
recommendation of Minimum 7cm.  You can set maximum to 15cm.  Try EPR 3... if you see a lot of CA's, then you'll have to back off on EPR.

Expect to change settings after a night or two...

In the meantime, download OSCAR and get started on that. Also, be sure there is an SD card in your machine while sleeping.

RE: Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - trialNerror - 06-13-2021

(06-13-2021, 10:45 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Your min has to be at least 7 for the EPR to work at 3. EPR is exhale pressure relief and the lowest pressure your pap machine can go is 4. So min 7-3 EPR = 4.

That makes sense. Thank you!

RE: Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - trialNerror - 06-13-2021

(06-13-2021, 11:08 AM)OpalRose Wrote: With an AHI of 85, do you know the breakdown of that number:  Obstructives, Hypopnea and/or Clear Airway?

This makes a difference in how much EPR you should use.  But you have to start somewhere, so go with stacey's
recommendation of Minimum 7cm.  You can set maximum to 15cm.  Try EPR 3... if you see a lot of CA's, then you'll have to back off on EPR.

Expect to change settings after a night or two...

In the meantime, download OSCAR and get started on that.  Also, be sure there is an SD card in your machine while sleeping.

Thanks so much for the feedback. The breakdown of my AHI from the at-home study was:

Central Apneas:    3.2
Obstructive Apneas:  35.6
Mixed Apneas:  13.2
Hypopneas:  33.8
RERAs:  0
Total:  85.6

The tech that did my titration last night did make a comment that my centrals were giving her a little trouble but that it may have been due to the setting and fact that she was changing pressures to get me dialed in.

Does initial settings of 7-15 and EPR 3 still sound good with the above info? Thank you also for the recommendation for OSCAR. I've downloaded the software and I look forward to analyzing my results over the next several weeks. Thanks again!

RE: Titration study last night - Recommended settings for tonight? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-13-2021

OK you do have some tendency for Mixed and Central Apnea, so watch your purple CA flags and the CA chart on OSCAR closely to see what they're doing. You may have to cut EPR back but let's see what a night looks like. Tell us how you feel after using the PAP and include the standard OSCAR shot.