Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MidnightThunder therapy thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: MidnightThunder therapy thread (/Thread-MidnightThunder-therapy-thread)

MidnightThunder therapy thread - midnightthunder - 10-15-2022

Hi! 

I've been on CPAP for about 6 months. At first I felt a lot better but now I think I have a new baseline. I'm trying to tweak my therapy so that I can feel more rested. I was wondering if someone could help me take a look at my OSCAR graphs to identify places I can improve. The past month I've been feeling increasingly tired, more brain fog and needing naps. A few times a night I feel myself snore/ jolt awake so I'm wondering if I'm having events that aren't long enough to get picked up.

After reading through the wiki and threads here I turned on my EPR to 3 full time and changed my pressure to 7-11. 

Here are 3 screenshots from my night last night. Any advice is welcome! The screenshots show I went to bed at 2:30am but I actually slept at 12:30. It's 2 hours off for some reason. Going to sleep earlier is definitely a goal though. Also I just noticed that I had my machine set to Full Face when I actually wear the Resmed N30i. I had switched the night before because I was congested and forgot to switch back.

Thanks in advanced!

[attachment=45264]

[attachment=45263]

[attachment=45265]

RE: MidnightThunder therapy thread - Crimson Nape - 10-15-2022

Your pressure swings may be inducing arousals. I would try upping your minimum pressure to 9 cm and take her for a spin.

- Red

RE: MidnightThunder therapy thread - midnightthunder - 10-16-2022

Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I bumped up my min to 9 last night and I feel like I slept a lot better, however my chart shows more scored events. The RERAs can be ignored because I was awake just still wearing the mask. For the OAs, I'm still learning how to read chart data, but I believe I saw somewhere events preceded by an increase in flow rate can be dismissed as movement or position change related. The chart also shows an increase in CAs which I'm guessing is because of the higher pressure?

Here are some screenshots from last night. 

[attachment=45277]
[attachment=45278]
[attachment=45279]

RE: MidnightThunder therapy thread - midnightthunder - 10-19-2022

I raised my min pressure to 11 2 nights ago. I hadn’t looked at the data but I definitely slept better. The only issue was I was still getting pressure change related arousals. Additionally I realized I do experience chin tucking airway restriction. This is especially true on my back, my main sleeping position. I’ve been trying to sleep on my side with my head tilted upwards slightly to keep my airway clear.

Last night I set my machine to continuous pressure at 11 and I slept AMAZING. Super vivid dreams and no arousals from pressure changes. Going to keep these settings for now. Hopefully it wasn’t just a fluke!