Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Filters - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Filters (/Thread-CPAP-Filters)

Pages: 1 2

Filters - keppela - 10-16-2022

Hi there. Sorry if this message has been posted before (I didn't see any way to search the threads), but I was wondering if it's OK to rinse out the little white filter in my AirSense10 a few times before replacing it. Everything costs money so just trying to make things last as long as possible (without endangering my health). Thanks a lot!

RE: Filters - Big Guy - 10-16-2022

I've done that and they turn out just fine. I add a drop of liquid dish soap and then give them a short finger massage. I then rinse and pat them dry with a paper towel. Just don't fold or bend them.

They have a service life much longer than many would want you to believe.

RE: Filters - keppela - 10-16-2022

Thanks, BG. I'll give that a try. The filters definitely look like they could stand up to a few washings.

RE: Filters - srlevine1 - 10-17-2022

I tried cleaning my hypoallergenic S10 filter with Dawn and then looking at the filter with a microscope (200X); there appear to be trapped particles between the front and back woven fibers. Cleaning appears fine for surface dirt. 

Considering how cheap filters are today, I gave up trying to extend their life to save a few cents.

RE: Filters - Big Guy - 10-17-2022

If you put most anything under a 200X power microscope, you're gonna see all sorts of things you really don't want to.  Eat-popcorn

RE: Filters - OldYamaha - 10-23-2022

Unseen things. Too-funny

I always soak and rinse my filters 3-4 times before replacing them. Are they cheap?  Dont-know But mine are free. But that doesn't mean we need to be wasteful either.
Semper Fi

RE: Filters - Big Guy - 10-24-2022

Mine are free as well. I haven't been on CPAP Therapy for several months now. I keep telling myself to keep my machine where it is, just in case I decide to go back to it. 

I'm sleeping fine and don't feel any need to continue to use it.  Eat-popcorn

RE: Filters - keppela - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 03:00 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Mine are free as well. 

How are you guys getting free filters?

RE: Filters - Big Guy - 10-24-2022

(10-24-2022, 07:38 PM)keppela Wrote: How are you guys getting free filters?

I have Medicare and BC / BS as our supplemental coverage. Not only do I get free filters, but everything else under the sun that CPAP Therapy requires. That includes free shipping. 

Last count, I have at least 12 ClimateLine hoses, 5 or 6 water reservoirs, tons of masks (F20 and F30) and replacements cushions, full headgear, and such. 

I have two large storage bins full, and I'm in need of a third one.  Oh-jeez

RE: Filters - keppela - 10-26-2022

Ah, Medicare. OK, it'll be a few years before I'm eligible for that. Sounds like great coverage, though!