Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Help with reducing Centrals - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Help with reducing Centrals (/Thread-Help-with-reducing-Centrals)

Pages: 1 2

Help with reducing Centrals - yankees123 - 10-19-2022

I have recently switched from using Vauto mode to straight cpap to try and reduce the amount of awakenings I get when the pressure fluctuates during the night.  My AHI with the Vauto is excellent.  I am just wondering how to reduce the clear airways, I do like using the cpap mode and am sleeping better with much less interuptions.  I am using an evora ffm and alternate with the bleep mask.  

Thanks for your help. I do use a higher pressure when I use a ffm.

Help with reducing Centrals - yankees123 - 10-19-2022

One more attachment

RE: Help with reducing Centrals - Gideon - 10-19-2022

What is your trigger setting on the VAuto?

RE: Help with reducing Centrals - OpalRose - 10-19-2022

Not sure why you switched to Cpap mode, when the VAuto mode apparently worked better.... except that you had more awakenings. Is it possible your pressures are set too high in VAuto mode?

RE: Help with reducing Centrals - yankees123 - 10-19-2022

As far as settlings, trigger is very high and cycle is medium.  With Vauto mode rarely saw any centrals since changed setting to very high on trigger.  
Not sure opal what to reduce pressure to?
I have to say that it seems like I am resting a little better with straight cpap mode, just wanted to know is there any way to reduce centrals?  Any other screenshots that would help?  If it’s better to go back to vauto what pressure changes would you recommend?

RE: Help with reducing Centrals - OpalRose - 10-19-2022

In Cpap mode, you don't have an option to use the Trigger setting, but if you're more comfortable and sleeping better with Cpap mode, then you should stay with that.
I try to put comfort first.

In Cpap mode, you may be able to reduce the CA's by reducing the EPR. Try EPR set at 2 for a few days and gauge results.

Great idea Opal, wil reduce epr to 2 and see how it goes.  Thanks and will let you know how it works.

RE: Help with reducing Centrals - Gideon - 10-19-2022

on the VAuto set
Max IPAP = 10
Min EPAP = 7
PS=3

This is the same as a CPAP with Pressure = 10 and EPR=3 But now you have the option of the Trigger Setting.

Will try Gideon and then post results.  Thanks for your advice.

Gideon, maybe I am missing something, but last night I used fixed pressure of 12.2 with epr of 3.  Using vauto should it be:
Epap 9.2
Ipap. 12.2
Ps=.   3
Am I wrong on this?